Rent a flat or a house in New South Wales

Finding a place to live is a priority when settling in New South Wales. Your experience will be of a great help for the members who want to settle in New South Wales.

Therefore, we have prepared some questions for you:

Is it hard to find a flat or a house for rent in New South Wales?

How to find a home in New South Wales: classifieds, real estate portals, real estate agencies?

How much is the rental for a house, an apartment?

What are the formalities or the required documents for renting an accommodation?

Which advice would you give?

Thanks in advance for participating!

it is very difficult to obtain a house to rent in many places in NSW. Rent can vary largely depending on where you want to live. i live in Newcastle(2 hours north of Sydney) and the average rental price i would say is about $300 dollars for a small house or 2 bedroom unit. If you wanted to live in sydney you would be looking at more like $500 to maybe $700 for something similar. my brother rents an older style 4 bedroom house that is in good condition for $950 a week (outrageously expensive!). more rural areas you might get something for around $200-250 and it is easier to find a place in these areas. Real estates are difficult to deal with as they dont like giving places to people who dont have an established rental history, but that doesnt automatically exclude you from being able to get a place, but it makes it harder. You would need to provide proof of employment, and probably a few references preferably from maybe your employer or from someone you might have been a tennant for before.

Hi Malcolm Adrien!

Thanks a lot for your help ;)

Armand