Employment Pass Cancellation

Hello expat group members,

I have resigned from my current job and plan to take a break for a while, my employment visa expires in a week and I have to change to dependent visa. My employer said I don't need to cancel my EP as it is going to expire and I can change to dependent visa. Is this change possible without cancellation of the EP?

Thanks
Hi Jennifer,

Welcome to expat.com! 1f603.svg

I hope other members clarify that for you. Meanwhile, I invite you to check the Kuala Lumpur forum, where you may find others threads covering this subject.

Best of luck,

Vero
expat.com team
@jennifer_87 Since this is posted on 11th June. I supposed your visa is already expired now. I hope that your partner's (husband) company is already processing your dependant pass application. Or else, you will not have valid permit to stay in Malaysia.
Yes, your company is correct. since only left 1 week, no need to cancel.
Usually, when immigration process the visa application, one person is only allowed to hold only one visa. So, if your working permit still valid, they cannot process your dependant pass. but since only left 1 week, by the time your working permit is cancel, it is already expired. Immigration usually took more time to process dependant pass.
As of now, I hope that you are at least having a special pass which will grant you a valid 30 days of stay in malaysia.