US-Massage Therapist in Santo Domingo

Are there any US-licensed massage therapists in the Santo Domingo area?  I have been to MANY massage places here, and I do not know how/what they teach in this country, but every single one of them has left me in more pain then when I went in....even my Orthopedic doctor said I needed to be careful with massages in this country.  I sit at a computer all day long so a monthly massage is a neccesity for me, but I'm having a very hard time finding a good one in this country.

If you have pain from sitting down I'd suggest you fix the root of that problem and that won't be with massages.

I used to have some serious issues (my back) and fixed it entirely, I work as well at a desk 8-10hrs/day and some of the changes i have done that fixed it

- stretch before, after everytime I'm at my desk

- bought a standing desk and use it about 1/3 of the day

- switched to a herman miller chair, life changing (it is expensive)

For massages, we are on the same page. 95% of masseuses have barely studied and are not licensed. I know a few good one in Punta Cana but in SD as strange as it sound i have never found a good one in a very long time living there.

I'd avoid massage center, employees are poorly paid and not good in general, unless your looking for a soft massage. A good therapist here will either work for themself or have there own spa.

Thanks @jeanchris101 for the advice, and I actually do those already.  I have a very good, expensive chair (not herman miller, but a good one) and a sit-stand desk that I usually go about 2 hours sitting, then 1 hour standing.  My problem runs deeper then just the sitting though as I have neck trauma from car accident several years ago (which is why I see an Orthopedic doctor and he also suggested the stretching, which I'm going to start doing!)  But, besides the neck issues, I do enjoy a monthly relaxation to "pamper" myself, but I have yet to find one here...I guess I'm not alone.  Thanks for letting me know!  My local friend did say she knows someone who does privates and goes to your home, so maybe I will try her out given your advice.

I would not trust 99% of massage practitioners here. It's not regulated and the training is sorely lacking!

Let's hope someone knows a US trained person!

I have found a good massage person but she is in another city

There's a US-trainer chiropractor in SD, who went by the name of AZB on DR1.  Some of the members there may lead you to him.

He had a very good reputation.