Sleeping medication

When I last visited the DR (several years ago) I was able to purchase a small amount of sleeping medication, Novo Insomnium, over-the-counter at pharmacies to assist with sleep upon arrival. Is this still an option, or is a doctor's prescription now required for similar medication?

I use Quetiap over the counter for sleeping. I take 100 mg and sleep through the night. No other medication available here works for me including Ambien. Would recommend 50mg. I have been taking sleep medication for a while

Be careful with anything you take down here! Just because it's over the counter doesn't mean it's 100% safe! For instance, Quetiapine is an anti-psychotic drug that is sometimes used off-label for sleep disorders.

When you are here, ask a pharmacist or doctor for recommendations, and be sure they know any other medications you are on.

Novo Insomnium - neither this nor its active ingredient is found on the online pharmacy.  Sorry. Not sure other pharmacies carry it

@mr.jeremyfoster yes, that medication can be bought at most pharmacy

@LT American it can be purchased at local pharmacies without prescription?

@mr.jeremyfoster yes however, good advice in the other threads.

Many Medications here are from Spain, Mexico.

All narcotics are controlled and special papers need issued by the doctor. However, again do you research ask your doctor or medical advisor in the states or your country of origin.

You can always bring that type of medicine from the states, and that is prescribed for personal use. Just keep the RX papers and RX bottle incase custom ever ask for it.

Always first consult with a medical professional.

@mr.jeremyfoster yes

@mr.jeremyfoster from my experience if it's in stock at the pharmacy no prescription is required just $$

@CHRISTOPHER DAVID56 Hi. I tried to post a blog regarding info on shipping my monthly life preserving specialty medication from the US, FLL, Florida to Santo Domingo or Sosua. Not sure if it will post because I'm new here. Any info regarding this matter will be greatly appreciated.

You can get your. Meds shipped in via a mail forwarder. You need to pick one near you, open an account, they give you a box number and address I. Miami and you have your. Meds shipped there.  You pay a fee for delivery from Miami to SD or Sosua or wherever you open the account. You need a receipt that you upload into your account.  Price is about US 5 a pound. Order under US 200 including shipping to avoid any tax or customs issues.

For more info search mail forwarder

@LT American thank you so much. A few pesos at my local farmacia and a solid night of sleep.

Am i able to purchase Ambein in dominica? TY

@adebe If you mean in DR,  yes, equivalents are available. I have no clue what's available in Dominica.

Ambien is a controlled substance here and requires a special prescription.

My go-to for years has been Meletonin.  I tried different strengths at first and it gave me bizarre dreams but finally settled on 3 mg.  I take it about half an hour before going to bed and I'm usually out like a light.

Best of all, it's not habit forming and is produced by your body naturally.