Proposed plan raise salary ceiling for Family visa

first we were hit with the news that visit visa's for non-western expats living in Kuwait will cost 100KD, a dramatic increase from the fact that it cost nothing more than formalities and stamps. this is Kuwaits attempt to curb the begging population.

now, there are talks of raising the salary ceiling for family visas, from 250KD to 500KD.

Mathematicians, do your calculations.

what this means is that an expat working in Kuwait with their family (wife, children) abroad and wishing to bring them to Kuwait as his dependents, must be earning at least 500KD to bring his family to Kuwait.

Now, i am not 100% sure of the fine print, but what I do remember from years ago when i went for my license was that the salary ceiling for driving licenses was 400KD, and there were exceptions to that rule depending on the persons degree: engineer, accountant, doctor, pharmacist etc. meaning that even if you earned less than 400KD and held one of the mentioned degrees, you were exempt from that ceiling.

the article in arabic:
http://www.alraimedia.com/Alrai/Article … e=25072011

also, they wish to cease the act of transfering a commercial visa into a working visa in Kuwait.

the end.

some people get lisence for roaming around simply buring oil using wasta,but a person who needs to save time and money is not able to since not completing the requirements or no wasta.

Kuwait government is doing this to push us to go home, which is the best for all of us, so we should be thankful, they are pushing us for the only correct decision ;)
I don't get it why it's so hard to get a visit visa for relatives, why they are opening all those malls if they don't want people to come to kuwait and buy or spend money.

once they throw everyone out they will suffer and calll back every1

@From_Lebanon i echoe your sentiments exactly :)
forget the malls, why are they constructing all these apartment buildings if they want to get rid of people; unless ofcourse we are taking our apartments back with us :P

@Ace117 there will always be someone willing to work for less to replace someone else. way the world works unfortunately, but u are right. they will not have any trouble filling vacant positions later. its the learning curve they have to worry about.

till such time that we are given the pink slip tho, let us enjoy :)