Calling fellow Singaporeans

Hi there,

I am Gilbert Goh from Singapore and have been working in HCMC for coming to 5 months now.  From time to time, I will miss the food, the life and the people in Singapore.  So if there are any Singaporeans who are also posted here, do get in touch with me and we could plan something to do together on a regular basis.  To keep each other feeling closer to home and less homesick.

Just drop me a message here and we shall see where it'll lead us...  Cheers...  ^_^

Hello Cruiserseth!

I hope that you will have a lot of nice contacts here.

I may suggest you the Singaporean expatriates contacts list in Ho Chi Minh City.

This may help you,
Harmonie.

Hi Gilbert greetings from a fellow Singaporean. BTW where u staying in HCM. Where's your office. I'm staying in D7. Wanna get together go makan? Call me or sms me at: 012044622418 Hue

cya

hi yong here. do keep me updated for any makan sessions..

We really should gt 2gether soon for a makan session. Those who are in, PM me ur mobile number and I will work something out.

I'm in 01204462418

Cya
Hue

hey hey, skype: alvin.khoo88, [email protected] or 01664955759

btw, i stay near D7 too:)

We have 5 confirmed ppl here and I personally know 2 more who are not members in expat-blog.  Its time we arrange for a get together.  How does the 1st Saturday of Sep sound to all of you? 

Revert soon guys...

me cannot... 2nd sept heading home and back on 13th oct....
how about this sunday 28/8/2011??

This Sunday is out for me as I have to host clients from overseas... Then lets do this in mid-Oct or late-Oct after Esther is back

I arrive in HCM only on the 1st of sept... ... That's the thurs before the proposed gathering... ...
still finding my feet and my way around... :D

I'm in! Just arrived in HCMC less than a month. My number is 09032405537

Welcome Owen, Ken and Andrew...

No worries Ken, to ensure full attendance of everyone here, the gathering will be postponed to mid-Oct.  So you will still be able to join us... ^_^

For the others, let me know if mid-Oct works for you guys.  Thanks.

Cruiserseth wrote:

No worries Ken, to ensure full attendance of everyone here, the gathering will be postponed to mid-Oct.  So you will still be able to join us... ^_^

So sweet... ... *melt*
Mid Oct? COUNT ME IN!!! :D

I am actually retired and moved here as landed property back home is beyond my reach. I also found my loved one here in South Vietnam.

@Ken: sure thing. Leave no en or women behind...

@Owen: Vietnam is a nice country to retire in. Not as hectic as SG that's for sure.

kenmura wrote:
Cruiserseth wrote:

So sweet... ... *melt*

After coming out of SG, we become sweeter. No? Haha... just kidding.

andrewong2024 wrote:
kenmura wrote:
Cruiserseth wrote:

So sweet... ... *melt*

After coming out of SG, we become sweeter. No? Haha... just kidding.

no la...
we're singaporeans in a foreign country together so of course must stick together mah

seriously, there are A LOT A LOT of singaporeans here, i think we will outnumber the Viet-Hoas soon

The gathering will only take place in mid-Oct... Do take note in all your calendars.. See you guys then...

pls count me in too!!

cheers,
yong

everyone here will be kept informed when we cross into Oct...

Hey guys,
I'm in in Vietnam now and have spent the last two days cleaning up my apartment and buying the things that I need.

I need some urgent advice though guys -
1) Where do I go to buy a router so that I can have wifi in my apartment?
2) I need to do some laundry. Where can I buy a clothes rack so that I can hang my wet laundry out to dry?

So far, my shopping has been confined to Lottemart and Co-op Mart in District 7 so I'm at a loss as to where to go. HELP! :D

hi guys..so long never post liao. wow now so many sporean in hcmc.

great news. i have found a place selling singapore chicken rice. its at PARKSON Q5. THEY sell laksa and many many spore food. Level 3.

the boss i think from spore too.

try the chicken rice. best man.

the lion city prata not bad also. boss name harry ang. met him once and talk about living in hcmc. he seems many lobang in hcmc.

cheers

anything can call or sms me lah 01212092881.

Regards

Rambo.

Hi Rambo,

Welcome! What's ur real name?

Hi Ken,

Welcome to HCMC, hope u r settling in well. I m not familiar with Q.7 as my office is in Tan Binh and I m staying in Phú Nhuan.  So maybe others here might be able to help u.

kenmura wrote:

Hey guys,
I'm in in Vietnam now and have spent the last two days cleaning up my apartment and buying the things that I need.

2) I need to do some laundry. Where can I buy a clothes rack so that I can hang my wet laundry out to dry?

So far, my shopping has been confined to Lottemart and Co-op Mart in District 7 so I'm at a loss as to where to go. HELP! :D

Hey, go to Nguyen Kim at district 1 & check it out the router, Its near Pham Ngu Lao....

Cruiserseth wrote:

Hi Rambo,

Welcome! What's ur real name?

kok leong. wat about u ?

ANY one know where got sell Lor Mee?  I miss it so much...

My name is Gilbert Goh.  And I really miss hokkien mee and Poh pia... Anyone knows where got sell in VN?

Cruiserseth wrote:

My name is Gilbert Goh.  And I really miss hokkien mee and Poh pia... Anyone knows where got sell in VN?

Can try Sedona Town Club at Saigon Centre for Hokkien Mee... Not sure abt Popiah...

thanks for the recommendation Andrew... will head down to Saigon Centre soon as I need to go to our Consulate at least once in the next 2 weeks

Hello, I am Jeanine, from Germany. But I can speak Chinese. Can I also join u guys?

Hi Jeanine, thanks for showing interest in this group but it's not about what language u speak but where ur from. If we let u join  us, then all the PRC, Taiwanese, Hongkies will ask to join us too. And as the title of this thread says, this is for Singaporeans.  Furthermore, if u join us, we will be talking about things back home during our gathering which u cannot relate to.  So hope you can understand.  I am sure there are many German expats here in HCMC too.

Once again, appreciate your interest and u will always be our friend here.  Cheers.

Hi, Cruiserseth,

Cheers! I can understand.Just wanna know u guys.
In fact, every foreigner here leaves his/ her hometown.

Do u live close to Dis 7?

greetings

Thanks for ur understanding Jeanine. By the way my name is Gilbert. So is ur name Jeanine or is it Jeannie?

And I do not stay near D.7. I stay in D.Phú Nhuan, which is near the airport.

sorry, Gilbert, I thought ur nick name is Cruiserseth.

have a nice day! :)

U too Jeanine...

lostsouls wrote:
kenmura wrote:

Hey guys,

Hey, go to Nguyen Kim at district 1 & check it out the router, Its near Pham Ngu Lao....

Thanks buddy.
In the end, I took the recommendation of my landlord and went down to Phuong Vu in District 1 :D

popiah... can try the d'Nongya just beside the mosque, same lane as Sheraton Hotel in Dist 1. A Malaysian restuarant. They have curry fish head, hokkien mee and fried kway teow.  reasonable price and taste is ok. Cooks & bosses are from malaysia.