EP application status ( after 1st approval letter expired)

Hello everyone.
My company applied for me an EP last year september. It was approved.
Unfortunately due to covid situation we kept posposning the move to malaysia.
The letter is only  valid for 6 months.

So the company applied again in May this year.
This time the move will happen anyhow because we have to live with covid.

But till now, according to HR, new application still under review by Expat department.

But when i check myself the EP status from ESD website  the visible status still the one of last year with  outcome approved waiting for passport endorsement.

Anyone here faced such case?
Any advice?

A bit disturbing because i am not able to plan anything.

Some background ... i am working for the same company and it will be a transfer with a position at management level.

Thank you very much

A New Requirement introduced by the Malaysian Government (SOCSO Approval from Perkeso). Not sure it's applicable to you or not. Since the MCO is in force ESD is closed as well.

Ref : https://mdec.my/expat/update-on-myfutur … ge-worker/

Thank you Riyastir.
My application is made through ESD and not MDEC... not sure if the link you shared is only applicable for MDEC application or ESD too.

Will ask the question to my HR.

No, It's applicable for all expat recruitment. Some exceptions are there. just check it

Thanks again.
I checked and i believe to be in the exemption list.
So hopefully the delay is linked to the lockdown and ESD office closure.

Of course. Mostly in exception list or get approval after listing 30 days in the gov job portal. The delay is due to the limited workforce and MCO. SOCSO approval further adds delay.

@Ali

https://esd.imi.gov.my/portal/application-status/

I'm sure you have this link to check. If you can see the status of your application means it's still in progress.

ESD works now a days but may be their priority is to service people available in Malaysia.

Since borders are closed and during MCO, most of the private sectors / business are closed as well, therefore every one work from home.

It's perhaps depends which sector you r working and what is the urgency to come Malaysia?