What does Relocation allowance include. Moving to Malaysia.

Hi All,

I have an offer with Relocation allowance RM 9000 net. I am currently in India and should move to Malaysia. Can you please let me know what and all come under Relocation allowance.

Thanks

You would need to ask the HR what the company policy is on relocation allowances. So they would pay you part salary part allowance each month?  Are you responsible for housing, healthcare, transportation?  You would need to check out your tax position on the full amount and therefore on that basis can ask them for a breakdown of the relocation allowance aspect.

Thank you Gravitas. I'll check with HR. I just wanted to know whether this includes Air fare for moving to Malaysia and initial accommodation.

Also please let me know whether this is a good amount. Can I still negotiate ?

Thank you again.

As Gravita mentioned, all these great details can be given by your HR only as they know the great details...

If you are asking generally... Relocation allocation is basically depends on the companies..

typically it includes the following...

Airfare for the family
Couple of weeks accommodation and transport allowance
Other incidental expenses in Malaysia until you settle down

Thanks

[moderated: please post your ad in the housing section]

Hi Santhosh0810 - it depends what kind of job you are doing and what is the going rate for it locally, plus your year's of experience.  Quite a few people with say 5-7 years experience are being offered RM7000 per month which is an average wage.  I am still not sure what you mean by the relocation allowance?  That should be quite separate from your salary and paid on a once only basis. Often relocation allowance is 1 month or 1.5 months salary in addition but you pay all expenses. That can be a bit tough if you have to find initial accommodation for say 2 weeks before you get a home (PM me as I have some other information for you as well).  I guess you don't have school going children as that level of salary would make it difficult to meet those commitments.

Here is a link to a local salary guide:

http://www.kellyservices.com.my/uploade … y_Services(1)/4-Resource_Center/Malaysia%20salary%20guide%20ebook.pdf

[off topic]

at a bare minimum, relocation allowance should include airfare with hotel stay for 3 weeks for self, wife and kids. they should also pay to ship your stuff from india to malaysia.

my company gave all the above plus one months basic salary.

hope this helps. but negotiate as much as u can.