Regidency card as Visitor

Hi expat has been a great source for valuable info.

Im 45 years old,  a usa citizen with my family here in casa, wanting to apply for a regidency card.

It seems to me that  visitor option is best for me since im semi retired not planning to work in morocco. 

I have all docs ready except bank statement in which I must have sufficient funds to support my self.

Anyone knows how much is it?
And is there age requirement or retirement/pention docs  for visitor?

Id appreciate if anyone can share any info
Thanks

yunj8022 wrote:

Hi expat has been a great source for valuable info.

Im 45 years old,  a usa citizen with my family here in casa, wanting to apply for a regidency card.

It seems to me that  visitor option is best for me since im semi retired not planning to work in morocco. 

I have all docs ready except bank statement in which I must have sufficient funds to support my self.

Anyone knows how much is it?
And is there age requirement or retirement/pention docs  for visitor?

Id appreciate if anyone can share any info
Thanks

Hi. I would like to share my input however I'm residence under the family/marriage rules so the process is slightly different for me.

However the bank statement section :

Bank Statements: The authorities require evidence of your local checking account balance in the form of a statement from your Moroccan bank, frequently known as an attestation bancaire.

So as long as you can show that you have and income coming into your account to support your self in Morocco then that will be fine.
Currently the average wage in Morocco is around 2000-4000 Dh per month so that's around $200-400 usd per month if you can show saving above that or show you have funds overseas and have funds coming into morocco
To support you that will also be acceptable.

When I first applied I opened a convertible dh account and deposited around $500 usd and then showed my overseas account statement also to justify why I kept smal amounts in morocco and also had amounts overseas.

I'm sure that still acceptable also.

Retirement age they would expect you to be around 60 years or above not sure what the retirement age is in Morocco however maybe better not to say your semi retired unless you can justify it with a lot of saving. Just my advise. Can say work remotely overseas and you have family in morocco therefore you want to reside hear just have to show you want seek help from public funds.

Once you have residency you work in morocco also no problem.