Hello from Singapore!!

Hi everyone! I am an expat wife (so to speak) living in Singapore... Originally from Australia. Just wanted to say hello! :cheers:

Hi Cheekybeek,

Welcome aboard. How long have you been living in Singapore ? Kinda like it ?

Tôm Càng from HCMC

Just over 10 months now. It's OK- some great things some not so great things. It's an easy country to live in though!

Hi!  I'm new to this site.  My family and I may be relocating to Singapore in the near future.  Honestly, how do you like it there?  Do you have any children?

Hi Cheekybeek,

Why did you move to Singapore?  Are you happy there?  How long do you plan on staying?

Hi Cheeky,

Are you still in Singapore? I'm just wondering if you are enjoying the lifestyle there.
I'm an Aussie expat living & working in Jakarta. Having a great time, but starved of western company & conversation over here, probably no such trouble in Singapore.

Drop me a line if you wish to chat.

how is it there in my birth country i want to come home

but how are there any jobs for geologists ?

help

My husband and I are hoping to relocate from switzerland to singapore with our baby girl. I am a British Nanny ( the old fashioned highly trained type) and my husband has been working in real estate. I am hoping to find Nanny work in Singapore but I can only find jobs that pay au pair rates. Where should I look for childcare positions that bring home between 800 to 1000sd per week? ( net ) Thanks

Hello,
Are you still looking for nanny work in Singapore?  We have a 7 month old son and therefore require a nanny from March 09.

Hello! From halfway down the world. Gosh, I miss the food back home. So how's it coming along thus far?

hi cheekybeek

welcome to singapore!

@Cheekybeek

Hello l'm esther kindly wanted to ask how you got your visa approved

Hello Ciara Esther,

This member's last visit to the forum was 17 years ago.

I recommend creating a new thread on the Singapore forum to ask your questions and engage with fellow members.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@Cheekybeek Hello! I'm planning to visit Singapore during holiday, can I ask what are the places I can visit? My itinerary isn't done yet. I need some recommendations. I would really appreciate it!

@justdavid Check travel websites - they list all the sights and attractions!

This is an Expat site, not tourism-related.

@beppi I know it's an expat forum, but it would be nice to ask people who do really visited Singapore already asking some recommendations.

Singapore is a small city based country. The main attractions visit Sentosa (a small island where you can have all outdoor activities, beaches,  Universal studios). You may visit Gardens By the Bay, Top dck area at Marina Bay Sand, Science museum, flower dome, taste local foods, visit Lau Pa Sat (Asia's largest food stalls area, where in the evening, they cover the near by road and eat). vsit  Little India to see light decoration in the evening, China town, Hop on city tour and do shopping at Orchard area. 

As Beppi rightly said, you can google it e.g. Top 10 attractions in Singapore 

Enjoy your stay in Singapore.