I m Singaporean Chinese boy marry Indonesian girl

Hi, I like to get more info for this. Can anyone assist me ?

What do you want to know?
How to marry? -> Ask ROM (or the Indonesian equivalent).

Hello JasonWee.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Can you please introduce yourself and give more details of what you are looking for?

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi JasonWee,

If both of you are of legal age and are not still legally married to someone else, go ahead and register with RoM. If there is no objection to your marriage after the notice of your intention has been put up and expired, then you may both solemnize the holy matrimonial……. But I am sure this is not what you actually wanted to know right ….. lolz. Perhaps the under mentioned?

Can she marry you?
Can she work in Singapore after the marriage?
Will she be granted PR status or eventually Citizenship?
What about the children?
What about buying homes?
……. The list goes on…. Then the lists of requirements ….

Education, family background, whether she has ever worked in Singapore (this one dear, puts many off), her ability of self sustenance, etc, etc ………

So JasonWee, what shall it be? You need to introduce yourself more ...... good luck

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the reply.

I m 28 chi this year. and my gf now is 23. working as maid in singapore 3year plus.

What i want to know.

Can she marry you?
What about the children?
What about buying homes?
And what support docs that we needed?

Thanks
Jason.

JasonWee wrote:

Can she marry you?
No, she cannot marry me, because I am already married :-)
A current or former Work Permit holder needs permission from MoM before marrying a Singapore citizen. This is very important - if you marry without permission, she will never again get a visa for Singapore!

She can continue working on the existing Work Permit after marriage, until it expires.
In case your question is "Can she get a permission to work by being married to a citizen?", the answer is not immediately: She can apply (at ICA) for an LTVP+ (which allows work with an LoC by MoM) after three years of being married to you.
If you question is "Can she stay with me in Singapore?", the answer is Yes, you can apply for an LTVP for her if your salary is above S$3000/month (be prepared to show proof that this is not a marriage of convenience!), but she cannot work on an LTVP.

She can apply for PR after three years of being married and citizenship after 5 years of having a PR. Whether she will get it depends on many factors, like length of stay in Singapore, income, current pass (work permit holders can generally not apply for PR) and whether you have a son.
What about the children?
A child of a Singapore citizen born in Singapore is automatically citizen. If born abroad, you can apply for citizenship for the child.
What about buying homes?
You can buy private property (landed only in your name, as foreigners aren't allowed to own land), HDB only after she becomes PR..
And what support docs that we needed?
Ask at ROM, MUIS (if she is Muslim), ICA and MoM.

beppi thanks alot...

Guys 1 more thing.

she right now working as maid. can we marriage now? her work end at next year sep.

she is a malay and i is a chinese. do i need to cut also in singapore?

Ask at MoM and MUIS: You will get a more authoritative reply - and you will have to contact them anyway in the process. (Do NOT marry without having contacted them!)

hello,im a Ghanaian living in London and i currently have to talented players from Ghana awaiting trails from Singapore.can you be of any help in this regards.....Thank you

eddy12 wrote:

hello,im a Ghanaian living in London and i currently have to talented players from Ghana awaiting trails from Singapore.can you be of any help in this regards.....Thank you

eddy12, can you please write with more clarity. Understand that you are a Ghanaian currently residing in London and are you say that you have 2 talented players - you mean soccer players?
Do you also mean that these 2 are currently in Singapore waiting to be tried or tested?
And what help do you require or do they required rather.

Btw, are you an agent or just a friend assisting your other 2 friends?

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Digging up old thread
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct