Advice from Canadians

hi,

With all the COVID craziness going on in Canada,  I'm starting to consider making Brazila more permanent home. There have been lots of posts from Americans and issues/suggestions involving Brazillian consulates in the US.

I am wondering if there are any Canucks here who have recently gotten retirement visas and would be willing to chat in the phone with me. I find texting to be tedious.

If so, please contact me via email at ***
Thanks in advance.

Pete

Moderated by Diksha 3 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum for security reasons.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Please share what you find out.

Hi,

I haven't found out anything yet. Like many, I'm hunkered down waiting for the universe to unfold. I'm HOPING that the vaccine will help provide a bit of a clearer picture of what to expect in the future.

My flight to Canada in early May was again canceled and my new itinerary sees me leaving Brazil mid-May. Not sure what I will do if Air Canada does not resume flights; my already extended visa expires May 24.

Patience patience patience

I've been looking at that myself with the continuing border closure there.  Trying to decode the statements from different Canadian agencies, it sounds like Canada will open after the population is substantially vaccinated which by their estimates is September of 2021.  So if you are counting on the Canadian border to open much before that...I wouldn't.

It sounds like they've picked up the pace a little re: vaccinations in Canada.

April 17 is the expiry date of JT's extortionate quarentine hotel requirement. Whether it will be extended or scrapped is the first important unknown.