Trying to find Filipina friends living in Sao Paulo

We are living here in Sao Paulo for almost 3 months,and I never had a chance to meet a Filipina like me.And I really don't know,how I'm gonna have even one friend here in Sao Paulo.I feel really homesick even now.I know that in Brasilia have Philippine Embassy but there is too much far from here where I livin', Is there anybody knows where I can meet Filipino here in Sao Paulo?I don't know how to speak Portuguese yet but I'm trying.I'm good in  Nihongo,English and Tagalog.

hey bing,

feeling homesick is normal. but you will see that at some point you won't feel homesick anymore.

do you know a place where people speak english? another possibility is that you attend a portuguese language course. you will meet people there and after that you are able to speak to local people.

so i don't think you should only meet people from the philipines.

Hi,miklan,
Thanks for your advice,you right,I'm trying to find where I can join classes in Portuguese but almost in private and too much expensive but I keep trying and researching I believe somewhere have.I also gonna try to find a friend from other country here in Sao Paulo,God Bless really appreciate your advice!

I think it's normal as well , to look for somebody from your country if your "homesick"... Am here..from the Philippines! I would love to meet up and speak tagalog in a foreign country!!!
Email me! ok? Tchau!

hi beng....yeah...you are right bing...hope we could be friends tru here

Hi Berna,how are you today?Im really happy to be one of your friend,hard to adjust coz until now I dont know,what s the good idea to forget about the word homesick!Specially this time i catch cold,more depressed,runny nose itchy throat............but I took medicine already no problem,hope to meet you soon!
Bing

hello poh..same with you po feel homesick at present but need to fight..living and working here in Angra for few weeks..and found ok..like in batangas..locals are friendly and willing to teach thier dialect..some words are similar to spanish..and almost no problem cause there is the GOOGLE TRANSLATE...

hello Boyet,
Anong trabaho mo dyan,at least ikaw may nagtuturo sa iyo ng dialect nilasao Paulo Itaim Bibi ako,sa totoo lang kaunti lang pala ang mga pilipino dito sa Brazil no?sana magkaroon tayo kahit minsan ng salo salomagkita kita di ba?

Hello bing kumusta ka dyan.kararating ko lang actuallt dito sa sao paulo.mukhang magtrabaho kmi dito for a while depende sa takbo ng negocio. tatlo kami dito eventually kung maayos ang lahat. i hope to meet other kababyan dito. take care and God bless

enciong

Hello Bing,

To meet your country fellow men, view the Filipino expatriates in Sao Paulo.

Regards,
Sheetul

Hi Bing,

Hope you are adjusting well.  FYI: I met a Filipino lady at a Japanese restaurant in Top Center (Paulista Ave).  She has a very similar background as you do.  She spent 5 years in Japan and recently moved to Sao Paulo with her husband.

I hardly meet any Filipino in Brazil (like you said) so I thought this rare connection maybe useful to you.

- Tim

Thanks,Guys!I found Filipino in Orkut but they are living far from my place,but anyway,I am really excited to meet Filipino here in Brazil!God Bless you all!

hello, nice to hear words from my kababayan, i am fr. rogene a priest working here in sao paolo, I never had the chance to meet a filipino community here but one thing for sure brasileros are very warm and welcoming maybe if you have the chance to visit your neighbors and they can help you inprove portuguese and find new friends. Que Deus vos abençoe.

Hi bing,

http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/u531/wjwoodward/Welcome-banner.jpg

On behalf of the whole Expat-blog Team.... welcome on board. I see that you've already started to make new friends here. Hope you soon have more friends than you know what to do with.

By the way, if you need one there in a consulate in São Paulo.

Consulado-Honorário das Filipinas - São Paulo - SPEndereço:Praça da República, 32 - 1º andar - Centro - São Paulo - SP Cep:01045-000 Telefone:(0xx11) 3259-4966 Fax:(0xx11) 3255-4659 Email:[email protected]

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team

Hi Bing,

I am Nancy from Minnesota, USA. I will be going to Sao Paolo sa March 25. Ano bang maganda i-tour dyan.

Email mo ako as nanciejh at yahoo dot com. Ok?

Ingat and hoep to see you there.

Nancy

I would love to meet Filipinos in Sao Paolo. You guys email me at [email protected]. Or facebook tayo. Thanks!

Hi Nancy > you should please write in English in this English speaking forum and just to inform that this is an old thread.

Thank you,
Best regards,
Christine

Ok sounds good. Thanks!

hi there, we are very same, I am Filipina I want to meet a Filipina here also. hope to be ur friend, where r u in sao Paulo?

hello,

My name is Liza and living here in Santos São Paulo. 

Be my friend..

Hi, musta kayo? nasa Santos São Paulo ako, you visit us  here..

my email: [email protected]

Best regards.

Sige  sama ako dyan  sa salosalo nyo,  nasa Santos São paulo lang ako..

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_vZZ_4ccgtZ4lmdQH1ZWHHorJIbc4J64JiLPn2zQ38svvZAIfAAElizane,

In consideration for our other members, would you kindly post in the English language only in this Anglophone forum.

Your cooperation and understanding is appreciated.

http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/flag/t67118.gif  Cheers,  http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/flag/t67054.gif
  William James Woodward – Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team

Sure why not im in jardim pailista we can be friends  give me your e mail we can connect

@ Josephine horii: A few words about yourself please :)

Just a word of wisdom from somebody who has been here in Brazil for 12 years now...

Many foreigners come here and seek to isolate themselves by finding a group of their own countrymen here in Brazil. Homesickness is normal, but just remember the old saying, "Misery loves company". What you are going to end up doing is creating a small isolated group of people that are all homesick and just increase your suffering.

Try to learn the language, it's really not that hard (especially for anyone who already has an understanding of any Latin based languages). Once you can carry on even basic  conversations in Portuguese you will find that Brazilians are warm, friendly and hospitable people. They will be impressed by your attempts to speak their language and they'll all flock to be around you, want to be your friends.

This way you'll make lots of new BRAZILIAN friends; and friends will help cure your homesickness much better than sticking to your own tight knit little ethnic community will ever do.  I know from my own experience... I have tons of Brazilian friends but don't have any that I know (personally) and see on a regular basis that are from Canada, the USA or UK and I'm not the least bit homesick.

I've often wondered why people decide to travel to other parts of the world and then isolate themselves in groups of their own countrymen. Wouldn't that be just like staying at home and wouldn't staying at home be much cheaper????

Pwede ba mag tanong kung madali  lang mag apply bilang nurse sa brazil

Pwede ba mag tanong kung madali  lang mag apply bilang nurse sa brazil

Jennely,

I don´t  know if your BS in Nursing will be acknowledged in Brazil. The salary is low.

You´re an English speaking nationality since your country was a colony of the US...
With the demographic aging of the US population, we are indeed in need of nurses in the US.

I´m sure there are nursing recruitments in the Philippines for the US or even Australia
or Europe. Have you thought of the possibility?

Nurses in the US make an average of about 85,000-90,000USD per year...

robal