International shipping

Hello, I currently live in Cambodia and am making a long term commitment to live here with my wife and daughter.

Does anyone have any experience with international shipping and moving an entire house of furniture from the US to Cambodia?

What shipper would you recommend?

It's crazy expensive, you could buy a whole new household for the cost of shipping, it will shock you trust me , if you can't bring it by suitcase buy it there ,

I would recommend DHL but this also requires customs declaration and a valuation of items which could add to cost. With the heighten Covid restrictions, your items could be tied up in customs for several months. I shipped something to the Philippines and it was in customs over 60 days. Furniture is very cheap in Cambodia. I've been there 2018 & 2019. I love Khmer People, food and culture. I would rethink shipping things right now or take a less is more approach, purchase just what you need there and store the rest in USA FOR NOW

Just erase shifting your things from US to here its a great expense and will take months to reach you. whatever you need you will get here.

How much do you consider as crazy expensive?

Well like thousands of dollars for sure a small package  less than 1 kilo cost around 75$

There is some really beautiful furniture in Southeast Asia embrace it !

If your intent on doing it , and who's to say that might be what you want , look into shipping container to the port , might be cheaper?

@Karataylor thank you, yes I do intend on doing it. Many things we own have lots of sentimental value as well: family photo's, heirlooms, baby clothes, collectables.

Was just kind of hoping someone has gone through the process and could recommend a reputable company. I have contacted Yamato and they gave us a quote for about 12k for door 2 door service.

Yea I get it somethings you can't put a price on, good for you , I do know one thing , cambodia is my favorite place in the world, and I've been around, I'm from California, lived in cambodia 2015-2019 now in Vietnam, good life choice I think cambodia is best , it's the khmer people , they are like no other!