Salary scales for national staff in Libya

Hello everyone,
I am currently in Libya working for a major humanitarian aid organization and specifically trying to set up employment conditions and salaries for our national colleagues - we already hired up to 100 Libyan nationals in the country.
As most companies are closed here right now, it is hard to organize a salary survey, so I am wondering if someone could share:
- any data concerning pay scales for Libyan staff
- any useful contact details of foreign or Libyan HR managers who are/were recently working here for foreign companies hiring Libyan staff.

Thanking you,
Rgds
DS

Hi, PM me, I'll put you in touch with two guy's in Benghazi who will be able to advise.
OB

it's depend on work hours and job category ... normally will start from 500 LYD up to 2000 LYD .

If u need any help let me know.. i'm in Misurata now

Thank you for your answer.
I am looking for established saalry scales, for full time - 40 hours a week. Variety of functions, mainly support:
cleaning staff, security guards
drivers
purchasers
logistics assistant + responsible
accountant
cashier
finance resp.
HR assistant
HR resp.
secretary
executive secretary
IT assistant + responsible
receptionist
communication officer
etc.

Thanks for your input!

I would say 1500 LYD per month max for most of those job titles. I wasn't aware of any pay scales as such which you might be used to in the west. I do need to point out that 40 hours per week full time will be difficult to achieve.

I trust that you have sent a pm to officeboy who is really much more helpful than me.

Ok thanks a lot for your input.
Rgds

Sorry guy's, been a bit hectic,
Thats one hell of a list, have PM'd you details of a local partner who can help with salaries and staffing, if your an NGO or News then salaries will be between 2 to 3000 a month, get a local partner, will be a lot easier.
OB

Hi there,Sinedd!
48 h i.e. 8 hourly daily for 06 days excl fridays [Holidays]
should be kept as the start point.You can slot saturday as a half day and work at min 3 hours of over time not exceeding 10 hours for a full week.This was the norm that we followed in sync with Labour Law 1970.The new legislation NR 12 had not gotten implemented fully though it had been passed by the ruling Jamahariya.
The start salary has to be taken as LYD 250/- and work up wards keeping that as a base salaryfor higher skilled workers.You should split the salary in 03 major components as under:
  BASE SAL [LYD 250]+ HRA + TPT + MISC--FOOD+MOBILEetc as per 
  your company policy.
The salary of course gets computed as per the attendance and 30%
to be catered as at source tax deductions [social security + other components included].This of course has to gradually work upwards depending on the qualifications of the employees /nationals and the nature of the jobs that they are engaged in.
Rest you can take help from local legal consultants i.e. ifthey are operative as of now.
Regards,

Thanks to all of you for taking the time to help me.
Your answers were useful.
Rgds