Working conditions at Waha

Dear All

I have just been for an interview with WAHA for a secretarial role in Tripoli..... I see from the blogs comments regarding roles for ex pats, however mine would be that of mere secretary.... anyone with experience in this role with WAHA re working conditions etc? Any information would be helpful before I make a final decision.

Hi dfhsuzyq,
ok ,Are you in Tripoli now?
Anyway Waha is good company for contracts right now
      Thanks
      yaklef

Hi

Thank you for your response.  I am not yet in Libya, I am trying to make up my mind.  Most of the posts I see about WAHA is very negative so really I am trying to see if anyone out there has had any positive experience with working with them and what standard of accommodation they were provided with, this is a big step to take... so anyone out there with further comments on how secretaries are generally treated, on accommodation etc would be grateful for a response.

dfhsuzyq

Dear Abdussalam,

It is not the things they tell you to hire you that I am interested to hear from other people about, it is what actually really happens, in general is the accommodation you get clean and in decent area, are expat staff treated decently, especially women given the cultural differences .... I am after information potential employers will not give you so looking for responses from people with experience with working for WAHA and comparing what they were told about the facilities compared to what they actually experienced.

Regards

dfhsuzyq

Waha is one of the best places to work in, many Expats including women are currently working in and it provides them with an excellent accomodition in one of the best & safest places in Libya, but I'm not sure of Mere Secretary? I mean the position name.
Any way I hope you All the best and Good luck.

I would seriously re-think that position especially if it is in Waha Oil Company because if you really want the truth regarding work ethic then I'm afraid it's the worst you will ever experience. I am not saying the staff or people are bad but the way the whole company runs is just messed up, nothing is organised, everything needs to be chased some of management members literally sleep, drink coffee and enjoy their day at work without actually working for once.

Gernademan wrote:

I would seriously re-think that position especially if it is in Waha Oil Company because if you really want the truth regarding work ethic then I'm afraid it's the worst you will ever experience. I am not saying the staff or people are bad but the way the whole company runs is just messed up, nothing is organised, everything needs to be chased some of management members literally sleep, drink coffee and enjoy their day at work without actually working for once.

I totally agree

WOW....and i thought i was having a weird experience!

Gernademan wrote:

How are the shuttle flights from Tripoli to the oil fields?

it depends on your luck...totally!!

:cool:

jokes apart...if you get a jet liner with decent weather you should be fine...if you get that stoneage propeller planes and you run into rough weather....welll lets just say you wont need to go for those scariest rides in amusement parks soon....LOL!

but dont that little thing keep you from taking up the job...trust me!

cheers!
fahim

Debowing wrote:

How are the shuttle flights from Tripoli to the oil fields?