Moving to France after lockdown

Hi everyone!
I hope that all is well with you? I am desperate now to get a move on with my new life in France. Because of the virus, I have had to put everything on hold with my move, it's soooo frustrating.
My plan is to move either to Provence or Laungedoc Roussillon...... Can anyone help with my choice? 🙏
I have so many questions, but initially I felt I wanted to introduce myself to you.
I am a Horticulturist, I design and plant gardens and have been doing this for 17 years, but prior to that I was a professional model in London. I love everything about both these careers, and I hope that I will be able to continue working in either or both when I move to France. I would really appreciate any advice and help that's out there. I too am willing to share my experience with you in these areas, so please feel free to enquire.

Health and happiness

Julie

Well v good luck Julie - v welcome if passing thru Morlaix where much time spent or cruising Brittany on our boat (Ardeola).   How's yr French?  It helps tho unfortunately my school French is unlikely to improve much now tho I do try and I find the French like one to try - even if reverting to English. 
So hope we all soon get unlocked - tho being locked up on my boat in Morlaix is not really a hardship.  Drop in sometime and good luck

all best
Paul

(I am unfamiliar with  this forum) but I think my personal details are logged somewhere)

Hi Paul
Thanks for getting intouch. Haha... I'm sure being in lock down on your boat has its perks!! 😂My French is improving but it is my intention to take more lessons when I arrive in France, I'm not shy to speak, as I do agree the French prefer and will help you if you make an effort. Hopefully get to meet you one day.

All the best

Julie

Parfait!

I am only here in Mx until 2nd June but no doubt again in Jul/Aug, though of course all plans for this summer in melting pot- so look forward to meeting some day.  Good luck with your French and hope you do better than I have.

Keep in touch
good luck and all best wishes

Paul

I would suggest our area, the Gard, where you are near the best of both Occitanie (i.e. Languedoc) and Provence. Indeed our area is called La Provence Gardienne. there is a large artistic anglophone population in the area as well as beautiful towns, villages and cities with inexpensive properties to buy or rent.

I've lived in both the Languedoc & Provence. Perpignan & Marseille to be specific. I currently live in Marseille.

Personally I prefer Lyon which is neither in Provence or Languedoc 😄.

But if you have your heart set on those 2 regions, I suggest Aix en Provence or Arles. Like the poster said, Gard/Nimes is beautiful too 😊

But on the 2 regions you mentioned, you'll have to learn French. Most people don't speak good English here.

So if you're conerned about the langauge barrier, you could move to Lyon or Paris, obviously. They speak good English there. Especially this new generation of youngsters