Registration while travelling in NL on a Working Holiday Visa

Hi All,

I'm from NZ and will be applying for the Working Holiday Visa in the Netherlands. This allows me to live and do incidental work for up to 1 year.  My plan is to stay in one city (ideally Amsterdam) for around 6 months and then travel around the country for the remainder. While working in one city registration shouldn't be a problem as I will be living in one place, however when I plan to travel around the country I wont be in permanent accommodation (I might be in some places a couple weeks or days and may do some volunteering or casual work).

Does anyone have any experience of how I can stay registered while not having a home address and travelling around the country? Is this possible?

Any advice is appreciated!
Thanks,
Kaitlyn

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

I have a feeling this will be one of those moments where you may get a different answer depending on who you ask.  You're not the first person who will have done this and I can't think of any benefit to be gained by you registering/de-registering as you wend your way around the country.  Holland is not a Police state where they track your movements; so, my advice would be to leave your registration where you originally first register (i.e. Amsterdam).  Just remember to de-register when you leave the country for good.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team