Coparenting of a 14 months baby? No agreement with husband

Dear all.  I got married with a Dutch man. Im Portuguese.  We got our  little one in the netherlands.  Im facing very bad times on my day to day .  My husband is  verbally abusing me and everyday he is asking me to go away from his house. I honestly will love to go away  but he is not letting me take our  14 months old with me. He continues saying that he will keep the baby with him. This breaks me down since I don't want to abandoned my baby with such a aggressive and  manipulate person.  Living with my husband is really hell. I already contacted a lawyer 3 months ago but things are going very slow and she keeps me saying that I  need to  try an agreement.  Which is really complicated since with my husband is  "his way or no way" . Question what options i have? Thanks

Hi and welcome to the Forum; sorry it's under such circumstances.  I C&P this information a while ago, I have no direct experience of getting divorced in Holland.  You've only asked about your child, so I shall stick to that.  The bottom line is that your lawyer is correct, you MUST come up with an agreement with your husband.

Under Dutch law, both parents keep their parental authority after the divorce. Parents are required to make a parenting plan when submitting a petition for divorce. In the parenting plan, a number of issues are settled, such as:

› Where the children will be staying. With their father or their mother? Where will their main residence be?

› How much child support will be paid and by whom?

› What the access arrangement will look like.

If you do not give your consent for shared parental authority, the father can file a petition at the district court; then the court will decide.

If you would like to relocate with your child(ren), for example, back to your home country, you need the permission of the other parent who has parental authority. Without having his/her consent to relocate, you can ask the court for a replacement permission.  The distance between the parents after moving is a relevant factor as well. According to the International Convention on the Rights of the Child, the child is entitled to have frequent contact with both parents.  The court may say no.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Many thanks for your kind answer.  The problem I'm facing is my husband is really aggressive and won't make any agreement.  He several times repeat that he has the power.  Since is so difficult and  stressful get any agreement  im wondering if the judge could rule out a sentence. Thanks

Hi dear! I read now your post because I am in the same situation! I m sorry to hear what you have been through and I know it s hard because you are literally hostage of your partner because you can t live your child! I hope it ended up better for you and you could go back to your country with your child!

@FraK12 hello and welcome !

I am afraid you won't get any response from the OP : It is an old thread 2018 and she hasn't logged in since 5 years now.

Should you need any info, feel free to open a new topic on the Netherlands forum so that active members may guide you.

All the best

Bhavna