Leaving UAE while in the process of work permit?

Hi all,

I have a question. My girlfriend has recently moved to Abu Dhabi, UAE to work there. She has been working there already a few years ago. She is there now to work and save money to eventually move to me. She arrived there a few weeks ago, been looking for a job and now she is in the process of that she signed the contract today.

So all good, right? But we are looking for her to come for like a week to me. But she still has to do the medical test before she will get the working permit. But is this right? Is she allowed to leave UAE for like a week after she did the medical test? Or does she have to stay there to arrange some other documents? Maybe we are forgetting something. We also have no idea how long she has to wait till she can do the medical test.

Thanks so much!

Yes she has to do the medical test before she gets a work visa stamped in the passport.  The time depends on when her sponsor has booked the appointment for and whether it is a normal or VIP appointment.  Usually the process can be completed within a week after the results are issued.  If she leaves without getting the visa stamped, then the whole process has to be started from scratch.

So for my understanding: when is she free to get out of UAE for like a week? Not directly after she did the medical test? At which point is she free to go? She has to wait for the work visa stamp after the medical test, do i understand correctly?

Yes she has to wait for the visa stamp.

Ok, thanks a lot. But.. at the moment she gets the work visa stamp, she is allowed to start working, right?

Because she was saying it like, it can take up to 8 weeks after the medical test before i will get the work visa. In the meantime i can come to you.

Yes she can start working.

And she is mistaken. If she leaves before the visa is stamped, the whole process will start again.

Okay, thanks!