How to get birth certificate and Passport for new born?

Hi Guys,

What are the documents required to get birth certificate and then what are the documents required to make passport for a new born baby?

stevewaugh786 wrote:

Hi Guys,

What are the documents required to get birth certificate and then what are the documents required to make passport for a new born baby?

There are threads about that topic in the past. Please exercise due diligence for your benefit.

robal

Thanks Robal. Yeah I just did that and now settled on Floripa as our destination instead. So many helpful posts from Stanza. But he seems to be not active lately. Wish I could get his contact details or number

stevewaugh786 wrote:

Thanks Robal. Yeah I just did that and now settled on Floripa as our destination instead. So many helpful posts from Stanza. But he seems to be not active lately. Wish I could get his contact details or number

You can always PM him...

I am the Knight that lurks in the dark!  😊 sorry I haven't been active much!  Just have been traveling a lot.

However Ab3 and Robal always have things covered! 😊

We did this this year. Documents in order:

1. Certificate of Live Birth (Declaração de Nascido Vivo / DNV) - get from hospital or midwife the day of birth
2. Birth certificate - One of the parents take DNV to local cartório to get this. Baby's presence not required. This should be done ASAP, it gets harder if too much time has passed.
3. RG - Registro Geral - Not sure if this changes per state, we went to IGP for this. Baby must be present. This is the national identity document.
4. Passport - Use PF website to schedule an appointment once you have the other docs. Baby must be present.

Some of those like the RG and Passport require photos, you'll need to research which size and how to get those. We went to a local photo place w/our baby to get those, which was easier than trying to do it at home w/a perfectly white background.

This is just a starting place. You really should do more research on each one. Maybe the cartório wants to see the parents' passports for example (I can't remember) and/or CPF numbers.

Thank you. Did you also apply for permanent residence for yourself and family? If so, what docs were required?