Is a big age gap in Brazil OK?

hi, so I met this Brazilian guy and I think he really likes me, I like him too but I'm 21 and he's 29. He still acts like he likes me even with the age gap but I just can't help to think about what it would be like with other ages. For example, if I was 13 and he was 21 or I was 16 and he was 24, you know? Is this normal in Brazil to have such an age gap?

Hi from another brit, but this one lives in brazil,
Where I live in, Iguaba Grande in the state of RIo, there are a lot of older men married or living with younger women, but the age difference your talking about is not a great difference, even in England, as i know from my own experience

I remember asking a young lady, once,? why marry someone that 20 years older than her, and she replied. An older man, has done all his running around, and is more stable, he works for her, and the children, not to go to the pub, or clubs, and she was right,
but this don't really happen in England,

Age gaps are very common in Brazil. The example you gave - 29 year-old male and 21 year-old female, is not all that unusual even here in the U.S.

What I would suggest, if you are getting serious about a Brazilian man regardless of age, is to determine if he has a steady job, how long he has had the job and is he committed to working and supporting you, or at least keeping his part of the bargain.

@abitconfused WoW, these seem to be old posts, but in answer to your question once you get to 21, i think you should be ok as long as you do due diligence on the relationship.  I am almost 8 years older than my wife who is brazilin and we have been successfully married for over 23 years. (met in USA Church).

Roddie in Retirement1f575.svg

hahaha (lol) 8 years difference in Brazil is nothing, really means nothing,nobody will think twice about it.... it is perfectly normal and common here....

well, I am 60, my wife 44... tudo bem....

I find it natural, she finds it too, never was a question about it, we do not even think about it....

I am 5 years older than my wife.

I think if I was 29 again, there is no way I'd date someone who is 21.........her namorado is immature IMHO.........as he is not playing with a crowd his own age.

@Gasparzinho 777

indeed, it is all a question of maturity... :-)

hi, so I met this Brazilian guy and I think he really likes me, I like him too but I'm 21 and he's 29. He still acts like he likes me even with the age gap but I just can't help to think about what it would be like with other ages. For example, if I was 13 and he was 21 or I was 16 and he was 24, you know? Is this normal in Brazil to have such an age gap?

-@abitconfused

I have no clue as to whether your are female or male, but it should not matter. 

What you see, specially in places where the  affluent carouse ( Rio comes to mind )  is to trade up their old wives/husbands for a new model.   A man of means disposes of his old model ( divorce ), and under the pretense of a mid life crisis, upgrades to the new model ( A floozie ).

And then, in certain parts of the Country, there is what we call a demographic imbalance. Places such as Minas Gerais would boast a disproportionate higher percentage of females against males.   And the gals, sure as heck know it.

But again, 21/29 is not a huge age gap.  I am talking about a much wider gap. He, 45, she 21.  Now, that is a gap to raise eyebrows elsewhere, but out here in the farm, no one even bats and eyelid. 

The flip side.... Bear in mind , the women of today, if educated and career oriented, which is becoming the norm, are self  empowered  unlike previous generations.  They marry later, for their sake of their career advancement, and are no longer depending upon a man to choose their partners. 

@bahiametisse Thanx, I was getting worried...not1f604.svg

The Brazilian Demographics points towards an age imbalance, The Southern part of the country is getting older with a flip sided pyramid. The Northern part of the Country still maintains a normal pyramid, with more of a younger population

Young Argentines are crossing the border back and forth, every day, to work in Brazilian Sweatshops.  And getting paid a whole lot more for work in the Garment and Service Industries.  Nobody makes a fuss about it.

In the grand scheme of things, you getting an younger Miss is the least of anyone else's concern. You are the one paying for it. Not us.