Working

I am moving to Malta with my wife I work in Scotland as a heavy plant operative telehandler 360 slew I am looking for the same in malta cant find it any where I have contacted Freeport all the major job apps in malta . Is there any telescope forklift jobs in malta . My wife has 20 years experience in customer service but she has only the English language behind her where are the best places to find work

Peterscolin wrote:

I am moving to Malta with my wife I work in Scotland as a heavy plant operative telehandler 360 slew I am looking for the same in malta cant find it any where I have contacted Freeport all the major job apps in malta . Is there any telescope forklift jobs in malta . My wife has 20 years experience in customer service but she has only the English language behind her where are the best places to find work

Welcome to the Forum, with regards to work you have more chance of finding a position once you are here, you may have to take something else to start off with, not being able to speak Maltese may be a disadvantage.
The same applies to your wife regarding looking once you are here and not speaking Maltese may
not be a problem with regards to retail work.
Wages will be lower then you are used to in the U K, good luck.

Hello and welcome to the forum.
I agree with GozoMo in that it will be easier to find jobs if you are actually already in Malta.
Whilst I don't understand the heavy plant jargon  :/ , I noticed a fork lifter job with a large company, General Soft Drinks, on the JobsPlus site (this is the Malta equivalent of JobCentre Plus in the UK) I am not sure if this meets your specifications, but it does not require Maltese language skills, simply to be able to read and write in English.

https://jobsplus.gov.mt/job-seekers-mt- … yID=351314   

I know quite a few expats that only speak English working in Customer Service call centres serving English speaking customers. However there is a good chance these roles will involve shift work.

With your wife's experience she could try at HSBC (Swatar), Overland Health (Birkirkara), Centrecom (Mosta) or Paddy Power/Betfair (Santa Venera). There are also the other online betting firms to consider.

As these are telephone based roles, they may offer the option of telephone interviews.

Yes, as GozoMo also mentioned, wages will probably be lower than the UK.

Best of luck

Thank you for all your help . Can I ask you if the renting a flat in malta is the same as the uk as you know in the uk its one months deposit and one month up front . I heard in malta its 2 months deposit and a months rent upfront.  Is £3000 enough money to bring to survive till first wage comes in cheers

Peterscolin wrote:

Thank you for all your help . Can I ask you if the renting a flat in malta is the same as the uk as you know in the uk its one months deposit and one month up front . I heard in malta its 2 months deposit and a months rent upfront.  Is £3000 enough money to bring to survive till first wage comes in cheers

It is normal to pay one month's rent as a security deposit and one month's rent in advance as in UK, unlike the UK you do not pay exhorbitant fees to the agent for admin, credit checks etc. there aren't any!
However if you rent through an agent you will also pay half of one month's rent +vat (18%) as your half of their commission, the landlord pays the other half.
Take no notice of agents websites when it comes to searching for somewhere as they never take them of, even if they have been involved in letting them for the next 5 years!

When letting a property in malta is better going through an agent or through a land lord on Malta park

Peterscolin wrote:

When letting a property in malta is better going through an agent or through a land lord on Malta park

both are gables I'd say - you can have good/bad with both