Conduct Certificate

Hi :)

I'm thinking of moving to Malta to start working in the internett gaming industry.
I've been in a job interview and was told that I had to obtain a "Conduct Certificate" in Malta before I could start working. Then i read in an older topic that i had to apply for the "Conduct Certificate" at your offices down in Malta.
So if thats true, I will have to take a flight to Malta, then apply for the "Conduct Certificate" before i can start to work.
The problem is that I'm sure it would take at least a couple of weeks to check my criminal record in my country of origin (Sweden).
I have no criminal record in Sweden but I guess it would still take a couple of weeks to check it. Is it true that I have to wait for that before I'm able to start working?
(It would be expensive to live in Malta for several weeks without an income).

Or am I all wrong about the time?
I also read somewhere that it only took some minutes but I guess that only applies to maltese citizens without the need of checking the criminal record in another country, or am I wrong again? :P

Thanks in advance.

it took me 30 minutes to get it: 25 minutes waiting in the line and 5 minutes for them to check in books did I do something wrong

they don't send anything to your country, they just check their own records

Ok, thanks for the answer!
30 minutes of waiting sounds a lot better than several weeks! :)

Duxx wrote:

it took me 30 minutes to get it: 25 minutes waiting in the line and 5 minutes for them to check in books did I do something wrong

they don't send anything to your country, they just check their own records

I confirm that.
10 minutes to get mine.

It's taken 45 years to get a good conduct certificate from my wife !
And that's only a provisional !

Ray

so they check only for the conduct in Malta and not in Ue?

F0xgl0ve wrote:

It's taken 45 years to get a good conduct certificate from my wife !
And that's only a provisional !

Ray

Still trying for mine !!

Terry

DavideM wrote:

so they check only for the conduct in Malta and not in Ue?

Yes, that's right. It's really quick, takes about 5-10 minutes. My partner got his 2 weeks ago and paid €2.80 (I think). Be careful though when they hand it to you. There's a sign stating you should double check it for errors. We did a quick check and everything looked OK until his employer pointed out that surely the DOB should read "1983" and not "1893" ! ;)

Maltese citizens, residing in Malta, can obtain a Conduct Certificate by calling personally at the Criminal Records Office at the Police General Headquarters in Floriana. A person wishing to obtain the certificate should present either an identity card, a valid driving licence or a valid passport.

The Criminal Records Office can be reached via telephone on numbers : 22942261 or 22942262 or via fax on number 22942678 or email address [email protected].

Maltese citizens, living abroad but have relatives residing in Malta can apply for a conduct certificate by sending a formal signed request, stating the reason why they are applying for such certificate, to the Criminal Records Office, with one of their Maltese relatives, by hand.   The applicant should also include, foreign and Maltese addresses (if applicable), date and place of birth, father's name, mother's name and maiden surname and a copy of a valid passport page including the personal details and photo. An authorization letter has to be presented so that the Maltese relative can collect the certificate on behalf of the applicant.

Maltese citizens that live abroad and do not have relatives residing in Malta have to send a formal signed request, stating the reason why they are applying for such certificate. The applicant should also include, foreign and Maltese addresses (if applicable), date and place of birth, father's name, mother's name and maiden surname and a copy of a valid passport page including the personal details and photo.

This has to be sent to Mr. Joseph Schembri, who is in charge of the Secretariat Office, via email on [email protected] of by fax on 00356 21 252 879.
Alternatively one may contact the Secretariat Office on telephone number 00356 2294 2342 or 00356 2294 2343.

The certificate is issued against a fee of  €2.80 excluding postage (where applicable).

Winter opening hours
Monday to Friday: 08.00 hrs - 12.30hrs and 13.00hrs - 16.15hrs
Saturday: 08.00hrs - 12 noon (Only)

Summer opening hours
Monday to Friday: 07.45hrs - 12 noon and 12.20hrs - 15.00hrs
Saturday: 08.00hrs - 12 noon (Only)

I would shoot an email off to: [email protected]  and ask for help pointing you in the right direction.

Good luck with your move over to Malta.

I assume you mean Maltese residents and not just Maltese citizens?

Terry

@ jobsinmalta > You are not authorised to copy paste an article according the copyright laws. It would be much appreciated if you can give the link of the source please, otherwise we should remove your post.

Thanks

Priscilla

Thanks for the head's up. The link to source for the content above is: http://www.police.gov.mt/en-us/conductcertificate.aspx