HOW CAN I JOIN GOOD FOOTBALL TEAM IN MALTA?

HELLO MALTESE AM TALENTED PLAYER IN QATAR,AM LOOKING FOR A GOOD FOOTBALL TEAM TO PLAY FOR IN MALTA,I CAN SEND MY CONTACTS UPON REQUEST.AM READY TO START FROM ANY DIVISION,AM 20 YEARS OLD.THANKS!

Hello raphrinco.

You should post an advert in the jobs in Malta section. It can help.

PS: Please lower caps lock when writing.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi raphrinco,

welcome to the forum.

Although Malta only has about 300.000 inhabitants it is one of the oldest FIFA members and every year Maltese clubs play in the European championships. So Maltese clubs are always looking for top international players.

Sadly most players are amateurs or hobby players. Not many can earn a living by playing football. Even top international players only earn up to a maximum of 1200 €/month plus a bonus and the occasional flight home.

You should contact one of the many players agents in Malta to secure you the best possible deal with one of the Premier League clubs. All the other leagues are amateur or hobby teams.

Cheers
Ricky

There are also strict limits on the number of foreign players allowed per team (in Gozo, Maltese are foreigners in this respect)

Thanks,a lot for your reply .I need to start my career first of all with a good football team and then take it up from there may be out of  malta,but do the amateur teams pay?

Hi raphrinco,

no, amateur teams do not pay their players.

Malta is probably not the right country to start your career as a football player. Which football team are you playing for at the moment?

Cheers
Ricky

Am playing for Naija fc(Nigerian team in Qatar)so I want to move ahead with my precious career.Thanks

Hello whats the chance of joining second and third division team in Malta?

Raphrinco,

you seriously need to google the Names of the teams in Malta and the Leagues and then send your details to each one.

This will be the easiest way for you to find out who you need to talk to

Julian

Thanks a lot.

Hi raphrinco,

the Malta Football Association has a good website:

http://www.mfa.com.mt/en/home.htm

I myself don't have any contacts to football clubs. Amateur clubs do not pay their players and most Maltese clubs are amateur clubs and getting a work permit to support yourself otherwise  might prove difficult.

The club that you named is not listed by the Qatar Football Association. Is it an amateur team?

You should contact the clubs that you are interested in directly.

Cheers
Ricky

georgeingozo wrote:

There are also strict limits on the number of foreign players allowed per team (in Gozo, Maltese are foreigners in this respect)

Really? I guess UEFA pretends to ignore this is happening... after the Bosman Ruling you can not limit the number of EU players anywhere in the EU. :/

You mean if i can come to Malta ,i will be able to get a work permit.Also what of second and third division club?

Hi raphrinco,

no, I said the opposite !

It will be difficult if not impossible to get a work permit in Malta as a TCN unless you have some really good qualifications in IT,finance, accounting and speak several foreign languages.

Check out the website. It lists all the clubs and leagues.

Cheers
Ricky

Thanks a lot

This has popped up on the ETC website, might be work applying?

https://secure.etc.gov.mt/Jobseeker/Job … _id=247550

i am  ediage  i  am a cameroonian  and  a good foot baller i am looking  for a foot ball team to join  please  i will like  you to help me get one. pls  contact me via email [email protected]

Hello ediage,

I invite you to tell a little about yourself in a new thread on forum Malta.

you could also look for some other football player on our section classifieds Malta, under "activities"

Melissa

Hi, my name is Jacob Larbi and i live in Ghana,Accra. I'm a good footballer and would like to know if there is the possibility of me getting a football team. hope to hear from you soon.

you have to play with a profesional club .

my name is muhammad hazim bin abdul rahim
i am 15 years old boys

I do not think Malta is the best choice for a professional football player. I would choose a country where football is a huge business such as England, Spain... That let you scale easy from one league to another and from one team to another in the same country. That is always easier than doing that between different countries. You would be also more visible to the good clubs if you are in the same country or even in the same city than them. If you just look for "easy" money more than growing as a football player, maybe the best option is to go to places that lacks of good football players and are paying huge money for them (China for example).

Alf007 wrote:
georgeingozo wrote:

Really? I guess UEFA pretends to ignore this is happening... after the Bosman Ruling you can not limit the number of EU players anywhere in the EU. :/

Yes, after the Bosman case that rule might be illegal. Anyway if no body complaints since it is a small league in a small country they could maybe avoid being forced to change it.

i'm very so glad to write  you this letter sir,purpose is that I'like to join your club,I'm a talented player with many characteristics important to determine good player,NAME:GANIYU MUTIU IYANDA,BIRTH DATE:20-08-1994,NATIONALITY:NIGERIAN,i'm living in ivory coast,I'm a young dynamic defender right full back,i'can play any position sir and how can i'get closer with this club i'like much,i'm a player with enough of discipline and i'want you assist find club any where exclude africa,i'm training with local team always .if you can make me happy never regret on me sir,I'don't want to lose my talent for nothing here africa we didn't have good leadership,you can reply on this mail or phone no:0022506248949?I'M WAITING FOR YOU SIR.

It looks like EXPATBLOG will be able to have our own football team next year!
Just not sure what league they will play in?

Terry

No emails yet for sponsorship?

redmik wrote:

No emails yet for sponsorship?

Just waiting for the multi-millionaire who is having trouble getting his money out of ~~~~~~~~ but if I send him my bank details he will transfer it all into my account. :)

Terry

since when did malta become a hub of future international superstars???!!

You have to laugh at some of these. I believe the maltese proffesional league has a limit on international players also. I also doubt very much major European teams scout malta for the next messi or ronaldo. mind you Micheal Misfud was a decent player back in his Coventry days.

http://www.fifpro.org/news/news_details/2187

This may put players off also id suggest contacting clubs in England, Spain, Italy or the Scandinavian country's if you wish to pursue your career in football

6327farag wrote:

Its one of the major starting points for people to begin the pro career in football.

SunshineLover2011 wrote:
6327farag wrote:

Its one of the major starting points for people to begin the pro career in football.

Are you having a laugh? or serious? I know there is a large nigerian  influence in Maltese football due to Damian Iwueke(a Nigerian agent now a Maltese citizen. With the exception of Micheal Misfud I cant think of any other players coming from the maltese leagues and playing at a good level across europe infact most players do it the opposite way with the the likes of nuno gomes who played in malta at the end of his career and even sir stanly matthews in the early 70s

Yannick Bolasie,now of Crystal Palace,has been linked with multi-million pound moves to the Premiership. Played non league before moving to Floriana. Spent a year then moved to Plymouth when they were in championship. Frank Temile will become a top name too.

The nuno gomes who played in Malta was poor. Youre maybe thinking of the one currently playing for Blackburn ?

Aye your correct 2 diffrent players my bad

Pls is want. U to sign me any team. Pls.  Or help me

Hi, my name is Dami Oluwalambe and i live in Nigeria,Lagos. I'm a good footballer and would like to know if there is the possibility of me getting a football team. hope to hear from you soon.  dis my mail [email protected]

I WILL LOVE TO PLAY IN MALTA AND TO SHOW MY LIVELY SKILLS AND ABILITY IN FOOTBALL WORLD,

i am bonojo jamiu odutola am 23 yrs of age i need a football club in malta with any division am an attacker (utility player) i know about good clubs in malta please i will be looking forward to your reply.

Hi all those world class football players looking to play for one of the Maltese clubs,

you will have to contact the clubs directly or one of the players agents.

If you found this website that really can't help you with your goals you will be able to find the agents in Malta too.

Actually Malta is very small and hardly a stepping stone to European football.

Madrid and Barcelona are looking for good players as they need to win the next Euro games ! Obviously their present players are no good -)))

Cheers
Ricky

ricky wrote:

Madrid and Barcelona are looking for good players as they need to win the next Euro games ! Obviously their present players are no good -)))

Cheers
Ricky

Hi

Ricky

I am a devoted Real Madrid supporter and thank you for adding salt to injury! Its painful - We were hammered by 23 yr olds and that boy from Poland is world class.

I am still gobsmacked ...... Add to that - I lost £200 with William Hill.

Not a good week!

Thanks
SMeddie

Hi SMeddie,

I'm really sorry that your team lost against Dortmund. To be honest , I do think they have the chance to change the game in their own stadion as they are a great team .

Although they are not even in the competition my own team is Eintracht Frankfurt and that although I'm British ! Things are truely international -)))

Cheers and good luck in two weeks
Ricky

i am focus i need a football club in malta romania,austria finland,oman am serious you can contact me on [email protected],or +2348098255024.

Closed