Health care in Changmai

Hi how would my wife and myself recieve our medications in Changmai. I have Blue cross blue sheild as a retirement benifit.

Hi AdBot I have lived in Thailand before while in the Army I have met the King on three occations and recieved a medal from him for training land mine dogs so I know a little about Thailand do you think living in Chaingmai is good for a retiree.  Thank you Barry

Hi and welcome to the forum Barry :)

I hope other members will be able to help you soon.

Regards
Armand

bwarner wrote:

Hi how would my wife and myself recieve our medications in Changmai. I have Blue cross blue sheild as a retirement benifit.

Most drugs you can buy over the counter, at a gazillion different pharmacies.

If it is something 'special', a quick trip to see an 'English speaking doc' at one of the local hospitals will fix ya right up.

guaranteed!

bwarner wrote:

Hi AdBot I have lived in Thailand before while in the Army I have met the King on three occations and recieved a medal from him for training land mine dogs so I know a little about Thailand do you think living in Chaingmai is good for a retiree.  Thank you Barry

I'm nearing the end of my sixth year living in Chiang Mai; and I don't think this is 'good for a retiree', I think it's 'GREAT for a retiree'!

AdBOT Thank you for the med. info and retiree info is the rincome hotel still in town. I stayed there three months on tdy and had a chance to see outside and inside the kings summer palace in the mountains it was a great time I will never forget it. We have a chance to sell our home and I am tying to talk my wife into living there. How about the local food,its great and the price is so low. I am retired from the military and recieve 50% disibility are there any american military bases around besides korat where I can get free medical care. I worried about the meds because I had a accident and lost the use of my right arm and I am in pain 24/7 so I have been on oxycontin and roxycontin for 14 years now and yo can not just quit tem so hat was my biggest worry. Hope to hear from you soon I could tell some stories but I hope to meet you and I will buy you a drink and then you can update me on things now. Have fun Barry

The Amari Rincome will be TOTALLY redeveloped, and they closed their doors 1-May.

I am 63 years old far from a drug addict but the pain doc I have put me on oxycontin and roxycontin 14 years ago and they do help me because the bone in my right arm came out and it never gave meuse again so that is why these drugs are very inportant to me.I read on a web page there are no oxycontin in Thailand I guess morphine would be the way to go if I get a Thai doc to agree with my doc.  Thanks Barry

from the topic pollution we are talking about medecine ???  Sorry i dont understand you