Health care Insurance for Family

Hi everybody, my family and I are moving to CNX soon and I am wanting to know what is the best health care insurance neede for a family that won't cost me a bundle. I have some quotes from BKK and Australia and they want me to donate my left arm as a down payment. Any companies you can suggest that will give us adequate cover, we are fit and healthy, don't need maternity cover.

Thanks

Hi,

you should contact our partner https://www.expat.com/en/insurance/asia … hiang-mai/

hope this helps,

Julien

The easiest way is to pay 600 baht to get a lifetime membership to pattaya expats.  Then call AA Insurance and buy the insurance through the group rate.  This way you can maintain the policy and not have to worry about showing your membership for the group rates.  Insurance, however, doesn't work well in Thailand, and I have just been paying for things on my own.  Medical is much cheaper in thailand and they have "packages" in lieu of ala carte pricing.  Everything is negotiable in Thailand.

This being said, the routine doctor situations are very cheap, and serious medical conditions are also cheap if you ask before you begin, and book the package price ....

Give these two companies a try.

BUPA Thailand  (10% refund if no claims during year)
Thai Health Insurance Co.

If in good health you might consider in-patient coverage only because premium is much less than full coverage.  You will need to pay out-patient cost but they are currently cheap in Thailand.

I have in-patient coverage only and my out-patient cost during the last several years combined is less than additional cost of full coverage (in-patient & out-patient) insurance for single year.

Thank you all for the advise I shall look into them all.Cheers
ciao Cello

Hi
I was wondering what you mean by they have group packages in your post? 
I'm looking for insurance also but take medication

Hello sue8.

Please note that it is an old thread. You may start a new topic with all your questions and suggestions on the Chiang Mai Forum.

Thanks.

Karen :)