Seeking Football Opponents

Morning All

We are a mixed group of bule/locals linked to an International school in the West Denpasar region, age ranging from 18-54. We play football - UK version - weekly on our almost perfect full size astro turf pitch but would like to meet a few teams for a bit of variety.

Our status is decent - we can all play - but amateur - fitness and waistlines vary - and competitive. We have a big selection of players so could be a little flexible in the level of ability we put out.

Please get in touch if interested.

I hate football almost as much as I hate cabbage but I gather there are loads of local football clubs around.

Much as my teachers tried to force me to enjoy it, they failed in epic fashion ... but I did learn to GOOGLE

Wah, if you guys play in Jakarta, I would like to join. I'm just interested in sports.

Anyway, what is football (UK version) look like?

Am I right, that it's like sports played by Man United FC, Chelsea FC, etc?

lukman.hanafi wrote:

He simply means not the watered down, wimpy US version of rugby.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ef/b0/56/efb0561806325145127cc86d54596dfd.jpg

lukman.hanafi wrote:

Wah, if you guys play in Jakarta, I would like to join. I'm just interested in sports.

Am I right, that it's like sports played by Man United FC, Chelsea FC, etc?

No swearing on the forum mate . . . neither of those aforementioned names are recognised as football teams in my part of the world . . . which is the white rose of Yorkshire.

Unfortunately, being Bali based, I have to clarify the term 'football' due to the large number of Australians residing here who, like Americans, but unlike the rest of the world, have a different concept of the 'people's game'.