Art and culture in Indonesia

Many will be aware of Indonesia's vast range of local cultures, but few will be aware Indonesia has a position in the international art world.
As a start to this thread I wish to make readers aware of an upcoming event in Jakarta I'll be visiting  at some point over the next few days.

August 25 - 28 2016

The 8th Edition of The First & The Biggest Art Fair in Indonesia,
Bazaar Art Jakarta 2016
At The Ritz-Carlton Jakarta, Pacific Place

Apart from the venue being an excellent place with very nice food, the event should be very interesting.

I took a little jaunt over there on Thursday afternoon, enjoying the event tremendously.
I very strongly recommend this as a must for anyone with even the slightest interest in art.
The organisers have done a terrific job, making me see why this is the premier international art event in Indonesia.

The first two hours flew by as I wandered around the stands, looking at a wide variety of wonderful works and chatting with artists. I was only there four hours as time was an issue for a couple of friends I went with, but I could have spent two days in there and still not done everything I wanted.

A great afternoon and evening.

Some art things are always around, including street artists making their living creating whatever the customers ask for,
These are always under the walkways to the south of the old town, Jakarta.

Small art shops are dotted around, commonly being found in small back streets, very often in poorer areas.
Advertising is for other people, but they seem to manage to make a crust.

It says to list the URL of the image. I don't know how to do that. I have images, plenty, and usually just upload to Facebook for to friends via Email. So I am lost as to how to share images. I don't see an attachment function. Ricker

To add a picture, upload to photobucket, flickr or whatever, then share the link in your post.

Ok thanks. Not sure I need more work however. Ricker

Questions and answers about leisure

Ask your question
Expat Meetup @ Jakarta
By ratram06
A Short Trip to Yogyakarta
By Guest
badminton sundays
By PhilCoulson
Cool place to party? And an MMA gym to train at?
By mikemyk911
My Travels in Bali - Island of the Gods
By Guest
Missing Good British Comedy
By Guest

Expatriate health insurance in Indonesia

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Indonesia

Moving to Indonesia

Find tips from professionals about moving to Indonesia

Travel insurance in Indonesia

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Indonesia

Flights to Indonesia

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Indonesia