Would like to move to Malta with non EU Girlfriend

Hello Everyone,

I am a French Resident with a Canadian Girl Friend. We would like to move to Malta to settle in and work.

There is no problem for me since I am from a EU country however we are struggling to understand how she could move to Malta.
Can I sponsor her?

Note that she is 26, I could not find anything but we were thinking there might have some kind of holidays Visa.

I take any advice you may have.

Thank you in advance

BeachedWhale wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I am a French Resident with a Canadian Girl Friend. We would like to move to Malta to settle in and work.

There is no problem for me since I am from a EU country however we are struggling to understand how she could move to Malta.
Can I sponsor her?

Note that she is 26, I could not find anything but we were thinking there might have some kind of holidays Visa.

I take any advice you may have.

Thank you in advance

Unless you are married you would need to be able to prove that you had been living together for 2 years in order for her to reside here as a dependent.
Otherwise she would need to find a job and get a work permit before taking up residence.

She can, of course travel here on holiday for 3 months with a possible extension for a further 3 months.

Ray