Expats - placencia

We are moving to Belize the beginning of October. I was wondering are there any expats that meet up at certain places or certain times. We are anxious to get to know some other people there. Also anxious to make friends with belizians also. Just friends in general. We are so excited to become part of the community.

I believe 'Will the Old' has a place in Placencia, and I know 'Monkey River Town' does as well. The Pickled Parrot is a place that frequently sees a lot of ex-pats, and you might be able to get more information about happenings there.

Thank you so much.

Jcronin1964 wrote:

We are moving to Belize the beginning of October. I was wondering are there any expats that meet up at certain places or certain times. We are anxious to get to know some other people there. Also anxious to make friends with belizians also. Just friends in general. We are so excited to become part of the community.

There's a Facebook group that I believe is called weekend wanderers. They're a group based in Placencia that goes out on excursions around Belize together.  You might look them up.

That's exactly like what I was looking for. Thank you.

No problem, it's weekend wanders Belize.

I found it. Thanks.