Guitar player busker wonders if amps are legal in Oslo

I am new to this forum and am a musician who in 1999 played for two months gigging (A large restaurant on the AkerBrygger) and busking the street on the Carl Johan Platz. I am presently wondering if there are other musicians here who know anything about the opportunities for playing the local bars and restaurants..This is for a solo guitar player/singer singing classic rock songs. In addition, from my experience I know that in 1999 it was legal and typical for performers to use amplification on the Carl Johan Platz. I wonder if the amps have been legislated against or not..as many other European cities have done over the years.
As far as inside gigging, restaurants having this type of troubadour playing and singing well-known hit songs were typical on the waterfront in 1999.  Are these solo musicians still being used, or is the trend more towards duos and bands?

Hi Norway99,

Welcome on Expat-blog! :)

I hope other members will be able to advise you.

My husband checked on oslo.kommune.no about politivedtekter. Its kind of like local law and regulations.

The latest I found was from 2006. I think they are still valid. Anyway they say the following: Those who will sing or play music on or in the imidiate vicinity of public spaces and wants to utilize loudspeakers, megaphones etc must in advance give notice to the local police and/or apply for a permit from Oslo Kommune.

I saw as late as last year a guy standing on Karl Johan right behind the parliamant playing glam rock with an amp..There's always been a few there, so cant' see it being a problem if you do as they say.