Meeting people in Oslo

I've been living in Oslo with my Norwegian girlfriend for a short while now, and I would really like to start making my own friends here in Norway.  Any tips?

Hi mgrainge, welcome on Expat-blog! :)

You may view the Oslo expat network to find some contacts on the site.

I wish you good luck and hope other member will reply to you very soon.
:)
Christine

me and my boyfriend are thinking about moving also to oslo very soon! and this is kinda my same problem, i'm afraid of getting kinda lonley leaving my friends!

Hi

I have been living here(Oslo) for a while now with my Norwegian girlfriend Lena and it is tough to meet people, especially when your a grumpy 36 old bastard like myself, well im not that bad, you just get stuck in your ways. The whole language barrier is a bit of a problem, even though the Norges speak great english,better than most English. Depending on what age you are, i suppose the best way is to become involved in interests that you already have and try to find them out here. You can always rely on going to an Irish pub and meeting a few expats, but you usually end up thrashing your bank account and dont remember anyone you met the night before. Im sure that there is money to made by writing a book geared towards "Hints and tips for Norwegian ladies Boyfriend living in Norway" .Im sure that i have not helped in the slightest with you query but at least you know that there is someone here in the same båt.
All the best

Damian

Hi everyone,
i completly understand your situation,been the same here,and i got the explanation,in Norway its working with circle of friends,so its quite tuff when you dont know anybody yet.And its so expensive to go out in Norway than people usually tend to choose doing  there wn house party ,its even harder to make friends.

So i guess as KWingmyre suggest we should all agree to set a date and meet up somewhere nice and we could share our expact experience.What do you think guys

Im up for it !!!! :-)

Helene

Im up for it, lets do it...

Valerio

Will be back to Oslo next week. I am up for it too.

when shall we do it...

Weekdays in the afternoon?  I am not working yet, so pretty flexible.  Guess its hard to find work there without the language?  I am only a beginner.

Mel

I'm up for it too .) but usually working til 5.

Mondays and tuesdays evening suit me best since I got training on wedn. and thursdays !

Cheers,
Myriam

Oi... I'd be interested in coming too, but unfortunately my Mon/Tues/Wed are kind of tied up.  Any chance we could work around that?

Thurs, Feb 10??

I'm willing to meet up too but can only do so after 5pm!

Does next Thursday 6pm sound like a plan then ?

Any suggestion for a cosy bar with enough space for everyone to sit or stand ? :)

Cheers,
Myriam

hi there .... guys & gals its really boring after working hours to sit at home... wanna make some cool friends... what say?

Yes Lets do it!

Where and When people?

Hi there :)

Since we haven't got aby suggestion and we're getting closer to Thursday, I would suggest Bjørungs bar on Majorstua from 6pm. They have very comfy sofas and enough space upstairs .)

Address: Parkveien 25,0350 Oslo

Sounds good ?

Cheers,
Myriam

Hi Folks !

Anyone in tomorrow ? haven't seen any comment to my suggestion above?

hope we can all finally meet :)

Hey HappyMimi, I'll be Happy to meet you there tomorrow.  Not sure if there are any other takers?? Will send you a pm with contact details!

Hey Minimice,

Well, so far you've been the only one replying :(
I saw that NIN ( New In Norway) were also having some drinks tonight from 5.30 at the Dubliner (address : Rådhusgata 28 ) so I suggest we head there instead. That's a great opportunity to meet even more folks!

What do u reckon ?

Sounds like an idea, we should do that.  I've sent you a PM with contact details, would be a good idea if you replied to that so at least I know who to look out for when I get there. :)

Hi:

Finally here and finished fighting with the jetlag :).  I can only be there around 6pm, is that ok?  And how long does this meeting usually last, I need to get my pickup?.

I will PM you my contact shortly.

Hello,

I will make it for 6.00 as well I guess.

No idea at all of ending time..it's just up to people and the good time they'll have there ;)
I won't be able to log on again before tonight, so c u there !

Cheers!
Myriam

Hi Myriam & CG:

Nice meeting you guys. It was fun and informative last night.
Lets do it some other time. :)

Mel

Who wants to go Salsa and where??

Please count me in :>  I also want to know new friends, i will move back to Oslo from Hong Kong soon.

Please leave me message

Cheers,
Kari

hello Anybody to share a flat in noerway?

Hi robertke,

Welcome on board :)

This thread is quite old and I suggest you to please post an advert in the Flats for rent in Norway section :)

Thank you

Maximilien

Hello,

If you are looking for a flat, you can also look on www.finn.no or www.hybel.no and search for bofellesskap.

David

Thank you David:very useful information for me.
:)

Hello, and god evening.
i have read your profile here, and i have a desire to know you. However if you really looking for a kind man as what you  wrote in your profile, just tel me.
I believe that me who were you looking for.
Thanks

Harith