Ok Lets Try Again - MEETUP IN OSLO?

There are several of us on here. So certainly we should be able to come up with a plan to meet. How about meeting Friday January 22, 2010?

I will be up for that. If anybody else is up for some fun and conversation .. that would most excellent.

Okey dokey... let see what happens.

Hey,

We are an Australian couple (25 and 29), who have been living in Oslo since April 2009. Previously we lived in London for 2 years, and prior to that I lived in Seattle for 2 years.

It would be great to meet some new people in Oslo & say hello.
We're away for most of January getting married, so let us know if you plan any meet ups for February.

Cheers!
Sam

Well even if this happens or not.. you are more than welcome to contact me for getting together. Me and my husband have lived in UK, the States, and now Norway his native country.

Hopefully we can meet up. That would definitely be cool. Keep me posted.

hi Ladee76, am Hoyah and a Ghanaian.I like you as a friend please stay in touch.

Hello there sorry to barge in... I am headed back to Galveston at the end of this week...

I will see you guys when I return to Oslo (I tend to bounce in and out of Oslo alot)...

I might be out tonight at the HRO next to the University of Oslo.. Unfortunately I will be unable to make the meet... My last time I was here (we had to receive our stuff from the USA) I met a bunch of the State Dept folks (good folks), but sadly we didnt keep up communications went I left. No biggie, Norway is the size of HTown in terms of population so I am sure we will see each other again.

In the meantime, I am available at my email listed or via googletalk, AIM, Yahoo, or Skype.

See you all in the meantime (brrrr its cold at -5F today... Crikeys)..

Ciao

One more thing (more American centric for which I apologize)

Stavanger is Galveston, TX sister city.. a remarkable sized delegation from Galveston is due in before National Day for cultural exchanges and visits of which I will be part of.

Let me know if yall are interested eh?

Jan 22nd sounds good to me. Did you have anywhere in mind?

Bumping this thread for attention!

Who else can make the 22nd?

So far only me.. unfortuanately.

At Godsavetheking... I was thinking Sir Winstons on Karl Johans Gate

Sounds good. I've been past it but never in it :)

My girlfriend (Norwegian) would like to go too.

sounds cool.. how about around 6ish?

6 sounds good.

Okay, for anybody else reading then:

Date: Jan 22nd
Time: 6PM

Map

See ya'll there (yes I am southern girl)

Wish I could join yall, but I am back in warm Galveston... and its nice hehe

Hi! I'm up for the 22nd! but think i will be coming alone - in need of non-work mates!

see ya there!

hi everybody. im ready for 22.jan.  great idea !

seeya there!

looking forward to it!

Okay, just a quick enumeration of everybody that's expected:

Ladee76
Godsavetheking + 1
whiskaz
dracus_reticuli

I'll update this post if anybody else expresses an interest.

New one here.  Hopefully moving to oslo next week, if I make it, i'll be there

I am curious how we will know those without pictures...

my picture is coming up soon, im out of internet at the moment. but im coming for sure.

hmmm, yeah, sorry, got a bit of a thing about posting my pic on these things. can I just say I've got long curly brown hair, not the tallest person in the world and will wear my purple hat? :)

Ok well I am short black female.. really really long hair. Jeans and snow boots.. ha det bra!

i dont know what to wear, how about naked ???

dracus_reticuli - its best that you wear clothes nobody wants to see anybody naked. That was a very strange reply and worrying. I am hoping that was humour.

Ladee76 wrote:

I am hoping that was humour.

So do I ... next time, I'll moderate

sure the bar staff will act as moderators if dracus wasn't joking. far too chilly for that kind of attire anyway surely!

Yes I am sure it is true. I get a bit sensitive because some of the male expats on this confuse it with a dating site. I am sure a forum can be created for that or probably already exists.

Gotta be careful you know.. I am sure it was a joke.:cool:
I am cool to show up and looking forward to it. See ya there.

yes of course it was just a joke. good one or bad one ???

Folks count me in..
Just in case of any change in plans, I'll keep you informed.

Hi, I am keen to join as well.  See you there.

This is super short notice, but I will try to join you guys tomorrow as well (work permitting).

I am an Australian, tall(ish) with blonde hair and glasses.

See you there!!

Ok see everyone tomorrow. Its not the biggest pub in the world so we should find each other easily. Will hover round the bar if I don't see anybody.

Take care and See ya there.

brill, got a horrible deadline tomorrow but am trying my very best to make it and the pub!!!

I want to thank everybody that was able to make it.  I had a great time and you all were great company. I hope that we can do this again!

Best wishes to you all!

hey
i want to say very thank you to everyone, it was very funny meet up and also hope that we will see each other again !!!

P.S. godsavetheking : i did catch my last bus on 23:55.

hi all! I'm going to have to third that!was really nice to meet you all and feel bad I couldn't stay longer :( sounds like you stayed a while. would be nice to make it a regular thing!

I concur whiskaz! Would love to meet up again really good people and alot of laughs.