Hello folks

It's gone all quiet in here recently. I hope every is keeping well!

godsavetheking wrote:

It's gone all quiet in here recently. I hope every is keeping well!

I'm pottering away, personally.

In other news,

I dag kommer flere hundre nye varer

http://www.aftenposten.no/okonomi/innla … 494739.ece

I for one look forward to the latest wave of bourgeois products for me to feast my face on.

It has been a little quiet.

I'm fine but I am getting so sick of all the snow. It's not supposed to snow in sunny Haugesund! This isn't what I signed up for. Never mind though.

There's talk at work of extending my contract here. Does anyone else ever worry that they might end up here forever? That really wasn't my plan. I suppose there are worse places to be stuck forever. But I'm fairly sure there are better places too. I'm worried I'm turning into one of these immigrants who always complains about where they are without leaving.

yes neil,  very well !!!  thanks for asking.

Hi!

Just thought I'd drop in a quick hello to you all. I'm new to this site, only signed up yesterday so am not sure im posting in the right place. Anyway, it seems like there are a nice bunch of people here to chat to.

Godsavetheking - I saw a post that you made about football.. You might be pleased to know that you are not alone in being an English-football fan! I feel just the same. Do you agree it can be one hell of a conversation killer here in Norway though?

I was in the pub just last night with hordes of Norwegians using the most colourful language about The Gunners and The Reds.  They seemed quite engaged with the English Premier League.

MrLeigh wrote:

Hi!
Godsavetheking - I saw a post that you made about football.. You might be pleased to know that you are not alone in being an English-football fan!

You may have misunderstood me - I detest football. I would gladly see all the money and energy that goes into it put into something more constructive.

As far as I can tell, the Norwegians love their soccer. As soon as they discover that I'm from Manchester they always ask "City or United".

Here's an amusing and almost relevant video on Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMp8FajmqtY

Yeah MrLeigh, it was me asking if Godsavetheking was a premiereship fan, since I am a huge gunners supporter aha, but i totally respect all big four's teams. Which one is it for u MrLeigh? Any other fans?

Glad to hear that not all Brits in Norway are football fans. As soon as I say I'm from Scotland, everyone immediately wants to talk about football. I then have to explain that I couldn't care less which they think is very strange. Although I have to say, I was quite glad I felt that way when Norway thrashed Scotland when they played in August last year. Nobody bothered winding me up because I didn't care.

I like the YouTube link. I've always said that football could be made more exciting if they had trapdoors on the pitch which opened at random. This takes that idea a little further. Much more exciting!

David

My mistake. My last post should have read "You might be pleased to know that you are not alone in being an English Non-football fan"
I also have no interest in the game - Sorry Amiiiin!

I totally know what you mean David. Being British we are automatically expected to be die hard fans but that's not always the case.

On a separate note, I just booked a flight home to London with Ryan Air for 350kr all in. Nice!

Wow very strange given that I am a American and absolutely love for Euro Footsie and of course the NFL..

My last time out had a good time talking Footsies with the Norwegians... Can be quite a colorful conversation...