hi all
im bringing my uk reg van across the end of sept
its fully comp on my traders policy in uk
but am intending to export it here
is it poss to get bg insurance on it as intending to use it over here
i have tried asking the police but they dont seem to know
any help?
jerry

I might be wrong, but I don't think you would be able to get insurance from Bulgaria company with UK plates. You would have to import it and change plates.

HI Jerry, so again, as you know I traveled over by car in late May and since have registered my car here and got all the necessary like insurance.  You cannot insure a UK registered vehicle with Bulgarian insurance.  If you intend to stay long term, then you should register the vehicle at your KAT station in Burgas.  KAT is the police department for vehicle registrations.  If you are not staying long term you can register the vehicle on temporary plates.  If you go ahead and register the van, before you go to KAT you need to adjust your lights.  Up to this point you can use stickers, but at KAT they will want your lights done properly.  There are 2 stages to registration. 1st you go in and give your V5, they will give you document to go and get your insurance, my recommendation is go to SDI and just get third party.  If you need fully comp sort it out later.  You then go back to KAT where they check the vehicle, sort of mot.  Then you remove your UK plates and they give you BG ones. 
Mail me for further info  don't forget the ***    Oh by the way, don't try to get a BG license.  You have to be a resident for at least 185 days before they will give you one.  One more thing, you can use your vehicle on UK plates with UK insurance for up to 90 days and before you go to KAT to re-register you need to have your Bulgarian residence card.

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

thats very useful info
helped me out a lot there
many thanks