Bike test

Does anybody know what the legal requirement is here, to enable one to ride a 125cc bike?
And where can I find information on bike tests and centers? Also, is it possible to take a bike test without being fluent in the language? Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

it should sould be about the same as uk as we are in the eu for now
have look at link

https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/v … dex_en.htm

You will need an A1 to drive a 125cc bike. Do you currently have a Bulgarian or foreign B license? If you have a Bulgarian B license, you will only need to take a polygon test for your additional motorcycle endorsement. But if you do not have a B license, you will need to take the full course (theory, polygon, and city) as well as the theory and polygon exams. I am not sure if you have an EU B license whether you will have to take the full course or just the exams, that would be something to ask a school.

Most schools offer motorcycle courses/exams. This is a good site for finding a school in your area: http://avtoinstruktor.bg/avtoshkoli/yambol  (Translated, it tells you the number of students, the percentage that pass the first time, and the school's rating.

The written exam is available in English, no problem. Unfortunately, it can be difficult to find an instructor who teaches/tests in English outside of Varna/Plovdiv/Bourgas/Sofia. However, if you only have to take the polygon, perhaps you could go to one of those cities to have the test in English? The thing about the polygon test, is they tell you what you have to do before you do it (For A there are five parts- pushing, slow maneuvers (figure 8), slow maneuvers with a passenger, medium maneuvers (swerving and stopping at speeds at least 30km) and fast maneuvers (swerving and stopping at speeds at least 50km) I am not sure if it is the same or a bit easier for a1) Here is a video of the exam: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rG1Kf_T-UWM  because it is laid out ahead of time, you could in theory bring a translator and have no issues taking the exam.

Thank you both so much for your replies, I will check out all the links sent tomorrow, thanks again , much appreciated!

Hi there,

If you aready own a driving licence, then you should have no problems. Go and drive directly.

Not sure what you mean by "bike test" but if the motorbike was made for Europe, then no specific technical test is necessary - just the annual technical inspection.

In case you do not have a driving license - then you should apply for a training course and an exam. You can take it in English. And better opt directly for "B" category - CAR. Bikes are an additional category - A. But if you take the CAR category first will be much easier for you.

I have a British / EU driving license, I just need the additional component to enable me to ride a 125 bike. Thanks

if you not set on a 125 and a moped would do you  (up to 50cc) if you have a full car  licence and
You passed your driving test before 1 February 2001. You can ride a moped (up to 50cc) without L plates. You don't need to take a CBT course (Compulsory Basic Training)  or take the full moped test. You must take CBT if you want to ride anything larger than a 50cc moped.

Hi, I have a European car driving license with B limitations, can somebody please clarify if i am able to ride a 125cc motorcycle in Bulgaria without taking the polygon test with this license?  Thankyou.