Registering a car in Bulgaria

Hey guys & gals

I've just transferred my car registration from an Austrian number to a Bulgarian registration number. And my Austrian Insurance company are demanding a form to indicate the old number was disposed of properly.

Does anyone know what this form is ??

I've sent 4 forms to Austria, but none of the forms satisfy my Austrian insurance company..

An i/d number of the form would be great..

If you have already transferred registration, perhaps it is you who should be making demands, and asking for a proof of no claims so as to insure the vehicle now registered in Bulgaria with a Bulgarian insurer! Looking at the state of some vehicles on the road in Bulgaria though, I have to I ask myself, how can they possibly be insured? :-)

I myself have this to come, with moving, lock stock and barrel as it were, from the U.k, but one step at a time and in the right order or we trip up, is how we learn to walk!
Best regards!

In my opinion this form is most likely neither requested nor used in Bulgaria. It should be a special form for the Austrian insurance company.

Normally in Bulgaria, when a car is no longer used, the numbering plates are handed back to the road police control, and they destroy the plates. I suppose they issue some kind of official document for the destroyed plates. Then you can e.g. sell the car for scrap. This is option  one.

On the other hand, the numbering plates of my previous car, which I bought from Austria by the way, were returned there by the car dealer. So you might ask the insurance company if they would like to have the plate sent back to them.