Mobile banking outside Turkey

Hello,
My husband and I want to moving to Turkey sometime in the future, that's why we thinking to open bank account in Turkey to saving money for buying a house in Turkey. My husband is Belgian but have Turkish nationality too. So we planning to going to his hometown to open bank account for saving.
We looking for a bank with mobile banking that we can using outside Turkey, so we can check that money we send to our account is already sent or not. But some of my husband cousins said is not possible to use mobile banking outside Turkey, since you need security number that bank send via text to your turkish number. We didn't have Turkish number yet.

Can you give us suggestions what we should do to open a bank account that can use the mobile banking outside Turkey? Since we just planned to saving before moving for good to Turkey.

Thank you

Hi there,

You can call any bank and asked them, specially since your husband is Turkish you wouldn't have any communications issue.

Yes indeed, you need a Turkish mobile No. No other way can you do any transactions.
We use our Turkish mobile on "roaming" when away, this works. Maybe you could buy and register a mobile with your cousin's address and use the roaming like we do???
Not too sure of the law about buying a mobile if you are not a resident???
maybe somebody else can help here.
Good luck!

My husband have Turkish nationality and have kimlik, do you think kimlik is same as resident permit? If yes, maybe we can buy mobile phone with his kimlik?

Thank you

Yes, kimlik is residency permit as far as I know In this case you can buy just make sure you have roaming.It is not expensive if you just use it occasionally, don't sign up for any "deal" just ask for the use, say once a month.

Is it possible to top up the mobile phone outside Turkey?
My husband have kimlik but we didn't live in Turkey. We only going to Turkey when holiday.

Yes you can top up your phone number online , if you have turkcell and turktelecom n I think all other operations has that.

you can also use leopay.eu to top up phone number in any country,  it is free debit card.