Insurance for Parents on LTVSP Visa in Malaysia

Friends need some advise. I am planning to get my parents to stay with us for few years on LTVSP visa in Malaysia.

One of the challenges i have is to have them covered by Insurance. Can u let me know is it possible to get them the Insurance in Malaysia. If yes how do i get it done.

Satish

If you mean Health Insurance (i.e. hospitalization) just pick up the phone and speak to an insurer such as Tokio Marine, AIA, Prudential, etc and ask if they can cover your parents. Some may say yes and some no. It will depend on their corporate policies. You can usually email in as well from their websites or some have an online system for queries.

The premiums can be quite expensive as they depend on age and current health status (existing conditions).  Under 60 years of age may not require a medical. This might be helpful to get you started https://www.imoney.my/medical-insurance

You choose the financial coverage level* - its on a indemnity-based system so not open ended

*annual and lifetime maximums.

If you arrange the policy yourself you save 10% because that amount is built into premiums to pay agent commission.