Health insurance for Expats

Hi all, my wife and myself want to move to Malaysia this June. All heath insurers in Germany want to have a permanent address to insure us. As we will not have one we are now desperate for help. Does anybody know of a good insurance and could we in theory insure ourselves with a Malayan insurer. Grateful for some help in the matter.
Kind Regards

cant you use your address care a friend or company you are assosciated with in malaysia?

Hi 4everasia,

You may contact our partner insurers in Malaysia :

https://www.expat.com/en/insurance/asia/malaysia/

Good luck.

4everasia wrote:

Hi all, my wife and myself want to move to Malaysia this June. All heath insurers in Germany want to have a permanent address to insure us. As we will not have one we are now desperate for help. Does anybody know of a good insurance and could we in theory insure ourselves with a Malayan insurer. Grateful for some help in the matter.
Kind Regards

Relax and find some answers. Try giving either or both Pacific Prime or Globalsurance a call or go on their website and email them with your challenges. Both deal with expats that are in need of an international health insurance plan. When i moved from USA to Asia i was luck to have been suggested to Pacific Prime and it has worked for me for the past three years. JW

Thank you very much for your advice, will chech it out asap.
Kind Regards
4everasia

If you want inclusive and absolutely hassle free insurance you can't do any better than ING Malaysia. They have a cashless card system which is accepted at almost all the private hospitals. After a week of taking out my policy I twisted my knee and needed a steroid injections. After a month I had a lateral tear in my miniscus which required a MRI and keyhole surgery. Both were covered with no quibbles. Also the cost of my family cover was about 30% of what some of the other insurance companies quoted.
Riz

MAA, I am using this last 9 years I am Australian and I am happy with this medical insurance.
I strongly recommend to or go to website MAA and compare the prices as well.`
Some of them charge more specially if You are a expat.
Read or ask what they cover what not,
You do not need any assistance on this matter from anybody.

MAA are reasonable but having used both ING is my favourite

I always advise to go for an international insurance if your finances permit. It is more expensive, but not only can it follow you around the world, it also stays valid if you move to another country. MAA or ING Malaysia are Malaysian based. If you move to another location after a few years, they may refer you to their sister company in that country, but you'll still have to sign up for a new contract - which means that if you suffer from a serious illness between now and your next move (i.e. cancer, heart attack, become a diabetic, etc.) this will be excluded once you move because it will be considered a pre-existing condition.

Saving a few Ringgits is not worth the risk in my opinion

Thank you all, unfortunately I am never informed about replies to my posts via email. that`s why My thanks is so late.

Yeah this happens to me as well. I read up and I suggest you trying those insurance brokers that deals with international insurance plans then making further decisions. Best to be protected when traveling.

4everasia wrote:

Kind Regards

Health Insurance here is cheap, go to reliable company like Prudential, AIA, Allianz, ING
If u r professional level, application is approved easily without medical check-up

Raindesu wrote:
4everasia wrote:

Kind Regards

Health Insurance here is cheap, go to reliable company like Prudential, AIA, Allianz, ING
If u r professional level, application is approved easily without medical check-up

It depends on the age and most importantly your health declaration.

Above 50 or if we have something to declare on the health status, the insurer will want to know what they are up againts.

As many had mentioned, pre-existing will be excluded and depending on the severity of the pre-existing illness, the underwriters may approve the policy with loading (higher premium), exclude the pre-existing illness or anything that may relate to that condition, or worse case scenario, reject the application.

If you plan to stay here but once in a while going back, yes, you may get a medical cover here. If you go back to your country, you may opt to use your own medical cover or pay and claim in Malaysia - reimbursement shall be at a rate that is justifiable and the rate is somewhat the same as what is being charged by a hospital in Malaysia.

The reason is that your premium is in Ringgit Malaysia (RM), hence compensation will also be in RM.

Roy Steven Ung