How is MM2H Medical Report obtained?

We have conditional letter from MM2H office that once we submit the Medical Report completed by the physician in Malaysia, we will be able to obtain the MM2H visas from MM2H office.  MM2H office has not provided us with a list of doctors, hospital or clinics.  Would anyone know which doctors or hospitals or clinics we would need to attend to obtain the MM2H Medical Reports, and also the fees involved and also how long does it take to complete the MM2H Medical Report by the physician.

go to kelana jaya medical center, its che cheapest approved mm2h medicals test i have experienced in malaysia, less than usd100
if you need more info,,, you can message me or call me,,,****
thanks
caesar

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

The cost is about RM100-120 only. You can go to any clinic doctor but its often best to go to a chain such as Uni Med or Mediviron, etc if convenient.They do a full medical like an annual check up. When you call to make the appointment you can discuss with them. Usually an appointment is possible the next day (I just walked in to the Uni Med Office close to Pavilion Shopping Mall) and the report is handed to you on the spot after about 30 minutes. 

If you say which area you are staying in, can recommend. There is an old doctor in Sungai Wang Shopping Centre right by Bukit Bintang Monorail Station, who does loads of MM2H check-ups and you can just walk in usually.  He is Dr Goh, on the Lower Ground Floor - unit 32. Tel 03 242 3773. It's not posh (typical basic local doctors offices) but he does the job quickly and efficiently.

You really don't need to go to an expensive international clinic for the check up, as its quite a basic thing, where all doctors will know what to cover, because most clinics are panel doctors for health insurance companies.

Gravitas wrote:

If you say which area you are staying in, can recommend. There is an old doctor in Sungai Wang Shopping Centre right by Bukit Bintang Monorail Station, who does loads of MM2H check-ups and you can just walk in usually.  He is Dr Goh, on the Lower Ground Floor - unit 32. Tel 03 242 3773. It's not posh (typical basic local doctors offices) but he does the job quickly and efficiently.

Hi,
I am also planning to visit Malaysia to complete the MM2H process.
I will be staying in Jalan datuk Sulaiman, TTDI. Do you happen to have any recommendations around this area?
Thanks
Joy

Klinik Mediviron "ttdi" 30, Jalan Datuk Sulaiman, Taman Tun Dr Ismail +60 3-7727 0377

Thanks. I will give them a ring.

Hi there

I am heading to KL to complete the MM2H process, any recommendations near ampang park station? Thanks.

Steve

Klinik Tan & Mano
General Health Clinic
13th Floor,Plaza Osk,
Jalan Ampang, Hampshire Park, 50450, Kuala Lumpur
Mon to Fri: 9:00 AM-5:00 PM
+60 3-2166 2050

thank you so much

i would strongly suggest to find out how much they charge before you go there
it shouldnt cost you more than rm300-400

Thanks for this info.  Will visit Dr Goh next week then.

Good day..

The clinic which does MM2H medical checkup near Ampang Park vicinity will be:

Klinik Medilink
Suite 18.02, 18th Floor
Wisma MCA
163 Jalan Ampang
Phone: 603 2171 7786 or 603 2181 7786

They are cheap around RM80 and report given within 30 minutes. Doctors and staffs are friendly. As an expat I do go for my regular checkup in this clinic.

Trained doctor and orthopaedic surgeon from  NHS. You may try this clinic. 👌

How thorough is the Uni Med exam, full blood works or just cursory examination?

Most medical clinics are aware of mm2h medicals
Just tell them you want a mm2h medical
Cheapest is kelana jays medical center in kelana jaya and they know exactly what tests are necessary

RM 80 is cheap for a mm2h medical

I just paid RM 60 from a local clinic in Penang.

Just avoid the clinics recommended by the agents, will be multiples of 60.

Wow
Rm60 is really cheap
I paid rm200+ and I thought it was cheap
Thanks cleveland10

Just goes to show how we can be ripped off

I know guys who paid in thousands

While I was there I asked for a prostate cancer blood test, which added another RM55 to the bill, a test which in HK would be many hundreds.

I will bet that the people you know who paid thousands used an agent, for roughly RM7,000, to arrange for them. One of the biggest scams around.

Cleveland10
Very true

Do you know any doctor near KLCC (Jalan Tun Razzak).

Thanks

Klinik Tan & Mano
13th Floor, Plaza Osk, 165 Jalan Ampang, Hampshire Park, 50450 Kuala Lumpur
03-2166 2050

Do anyone cheap medical insurance provider for MM2H that can be acceptable

I've heard that Tokio marine do a cut down health insurance for MM2H purposes. If you go to the offices and don't use an agent you save further 10%

Do you know there office address or telephone #. Currently I am in Putrajaya. Thanks

Hi Gravitas,

Thanks your reply on the MM2H medical report and health insurance issues.

Moreover, I would like to ask some more questions about the insurance part,  that
the health insurance means a medical and health insurance in general, it means a annual medical health insurance, but not a life health insurance. ?

The immigration just need a cover letter from the insurance company to confirm I bought a health insurance and it will be renewed yearly.  Right ?

Could you tell me how much for your health insurance you bought in Tokio Marince ?
It is a health insurance in general.  Right ?
Sorry to ask you several questions as I am a bit confused that I donot know which catagory of health insurance I need to buy for the MM2H purpose.

As I am going to Malaysia this weekend, it is quite urgent that I bought the health insurance on time in order to have original documents on hand to present to the immigration against the conditional approval letter.

Thanks.
Chris

garylo wrote:

Hi Gravitas,

Thanks your reply on the MM2H medical report and health insurance issues.

Moreover, I would like to ask some more questions about the insurance part,  that
the health insurance means a medical and health insurance in general, it means a annual medical health insurance, but not a life health insurance. ?

The immigration just need a cover letter from the insurance company to confirm I bought a health insurance and it will be renewed yearly.  Right ?

Could you tell me how much for your health insurance you bought in Tokio Marince ?
It is a health insurance in general.  Right ?
Sorry to ask you several questions as I am a bit confused that I donot know which catagory of health insurance I need to buy for the MM2H purpose.

As I am going to Malaysia this weekend, it is quite urgent that I bought the health insurance on time online in order to have original documents on hand to present to the immigration against the conditional approval letter.

Thanks.
Chris

Anyone who completed  the procedures and got the 10 years social visit pass from the immigration of malaysia, could offer recommendations  ?

The Malaysian medical insurance is only available from companies with branches inside Malaysia so it is bought here in Malaysia. If you buy a health insurance plan in your home or current country the coverage and terms will be different. Malaysian medical insurances only cover hospitization and related care just prior and immediately afterwards. Premium depends on your age. The older you are the more expensive the premium. Malaysian medical insurance is based on financial indemnity. This means you can choose how little financial cover you need. But remember having some form of local medical insurance is advisable in case of accidents etc.

The medical is carried out to declare you are fit to participate in the mm2h programme and is not related to getting insurance. A medical is required on renewal of the mm2h pass after 10 years. It is up to you if you continue to buy insurance but it's only possible to enter into policies up to a certain age and never any guarantee of acceptance by an insurance company.

So check the minimum coverage an insurer can provide and premium according to your sge. I did hear that Tokio Marine did one for 800 Rm per year. A lot depends on your general health and medical history what is a wise decision regarding insurance. Remember without coverage you need to pay for all treatment yourself. Do note annual and lifetime maximums when considering Malaysian medical insurances. All medications or general consultations with doctors are paid for by yourself as not related to hospitalizations.

Hi Everyone, I'm knew to this post and in the process of getting our MM2H visa (or social
visit pass as it is called) Like to thank all the previous posts especially Gravitas who has been a great help with information. We took out Medical insurance from Tokio Marine Insurance in KL. The whole medical insurance thing is a bit of a mine field with many companies offering many plans with sub plans within the main plans. I spent many weeks researching and looked at Progressive Insurance, Pacific and finally settling on Tokio. I arranged the insurance direct in their office and received a 15% discount from their published price, this being the amount they pay to an agent if you go through one.
With regard to the medical check up we visited Dr Goh (he's still going) in Sungai Wang Shopping Center. Its just walk in and it cost RM 60. very cheap. Thanks again Gravitas.
We are in KL and have completed 4 out of the 5 steps required after getting the conditional approval letter. Just the submitting of documents to MM2H Immigration left. But a word of advice. Went to MM2H Immigration yesterday and by 10:00 they had stopped serving tokens for the day (for the queue). Was advised to return next day, they open at 8 but was told to be there by 7.

Hope this has been of help to some and any questions, please ask.

Even a little earlier than 7 would be good

Thanks for that, got there at 6:30 and already people waiting. The problem is the amount of agents. Queue token machine was switched off by 08:30. Got everything done by 11:30.
This is the process~ Get your ticket and wait for your number. Present all your documents and if in order and accepted go and sit down again and wait for your number to be called again (this time to make payment). Make the payment and go and sit down again. Wait for your number to be called again,go and collect passport with MM2H stamp.

Tip # 1. They want photocopies of the original Approval letter, fixed deposit certificate and passport details page and entry stamp page.
Tip #2, to ensure that you get the full 10 year visa make sure you're passport is valid for 10 years. Mine wasn't and only got a 5 year visa.
Good luck.

Hi Gravitas,

Do you know of any clinic that is open 24 hours or until late -- I intend to reach KL late in the evening and if possible would like to get the medical check-up done in the late evening before heading to MM2H office in the morning. Thanks a lot in advance.

Mediviron have a lot of 24 hour clinics just google them and check whether they do MM2H medical checks.

Thanks for the recommendations.I just did mine with Dr Goh at Sungei Wang Plaza LG 32
Just walked in, and 15 mins later we were done.We paid 70 RM each. Very friendly Dr in his 80s.
This forum is awesome for its recommendations

hi, i am still in the preparation stage and stuck with the following 2 items:
1. Certified True copies
2. Letter of Good Conduct (LOGC)

In HK, a Notary public charges are ridiculous (about RM800 / doc) so I was thinking to get my original docs certified in KL. pls recommend any reasonable Notary Public in KL.  or would MM2H still need the copies certified, if I manage to apply it over the counter with my original docs?

LOGC, recent changes by MM2H dictates that they will no longer issue a request letter to obtain LOGC and as such HK Police will not entertain unless a request by such is made - Do any of you here have any experience on this?

I have tried writing / calling MM2H to no avail either.
Thanks in advance

You might go to the Malaysian Consulate in Hong Kong and explain that you need a letter from them to apply for the LoGC (which in Hong Kong is called the CNCC= Certificate of No Criminal Conviction). Point of the section of the MM2H visa application procedures stating the requirement for there to be a LoGC/CNCC.

Also show them the FAQ from the HK Police website.

https://www.police.gov.hk/ppp_en/11_use … crime.html

Seems the HK Police may also want a copy of your application for the MMM2H visa - typed. Likely just the application form.

At a minimum a letter with your name and stating the need for the CNCC for the MM2H is required.

Yea I called the Malaysian consulate HK this morning and they'll be able to issue a 'support letter' which  I can then bring it to HK Police.  However, HK Police will issue the CNCC directly to the consulate/immigration authority and not to me (the applicant).  I gotta further find out if there's any exception to this since, the applicant needs to submit LOGC/CNCC directly to Malay govt.

It seems that the system is set up to fail, unless you can pick up the CNCC from the Malaysian Consulate or can have them send it to the MOTAC. But MOTAC states that they expect the letter to be attached to the application.

They do make an exception for those that applied earlier "For applicant from Hong Kong and Singapore who has submitted the application without the LOGC before 26 February 2019, the applicant will be given ample time to obtain the LOGC from the Hong Kong and Singapore authorities."  So these folks could submit and have the CNCC appended later.

"For applicant from Hong Kong and Singapore who has been issued a supporting letter from MOTAC before 26 February 2019, the MM2H Centre will attached (sic) the LOGC in the applicant's personal file once it is received by the MM2H Centre. However, if the LOGC is personally send by the Hong Kong and Singapore authorities to the applicant, the applicant is obliged to submit the LOGC to the MM2H Centre for the application to be processed."

http://www.mm2h.gov.my/images/pdf/New%2 … GC%202.pdf

But if HK does NOT send the applicant the certificate how can the applicant submit it with a complete package? 

I would contact Norma Bt Saad  [email protected]. +603-8891-7000 who supposedly is the point person for LoGC issues at MM2H.

Yep have also made efforts to contact her (phone/email) to no avail. I think you could be right in a sense that I might just be able to pick it up the LOGC from Malaysia Consulate  in HK. let's see ..

btw, is my understanding correct that Passport  personal particulars do NOT need to be "Certified True Copy"

Copy of Passport/Travel documents (all pages) with certification on the pages with personal particulars
Note : Copy of previous passport is required if applicant/dependent (s) has renew his/her passport within the last 12 months.

thanks for your input

skyline101 wrote:

btw, is my understanding correct that Passport  personal particulars do NOT need to be "Certified True Copy"

Copy of Passport/Travel documents (all pages) with certification on the pages with personal particulars
Note : Copy of previous passport is required if applicant/dependent (s) has renew his/her passport within the last 12 months.

Hi skyline101, It is exactly the opposite. You need to submit a "Certified True Copy" of the personal particulars page of your passport. You also need to submit regular copies (not "Certified True Copies") of all the other pages of your passport.

BTW this thread subject is "How is MM2H Medical Report obtained?" Perhaps more people would notice your questions on the main MM2H thread...

i gotcha. thanks for pointing that out.