Bottle Water

Whats the going rate for 6 pack bottled water these days.
Shoppers upped the price for Nestle which I normally get to 3.90
from 2.20 Euros in Mellieha

Thats way beyond an inflationary increase . Is this the same price on the whole island or are persons seeing the price being ramped up.

Hi Eagle,

I'll check the price for Nestle water. I always get Kristal still water, 6 bottles for 2.50 - price has stayed the same as long as we've been on the island.

I have a few Nestle stocks so you should keep on buying their water.It's good stuff -)))))

Cheers
Ricky

:) Very Funny ! I was thinking I am still supporting Switzerland .
I'll check out some other places to see if it is a tourist price or only that product which has increased.

Perhaps due to the strong Franc, now that you mention Nestle. Water being a kind of commodity of sorts over here.

A friend told me that apparently Nestle are very environmentally irresponsible?

But I still buy all their chocolates haha.

We also buy Kristal water, used to be 2.33 before (1 maltese lira) and it still is in most places, but where I live its 2.5o, no big deal :)

fit a reverse osmosis, and get good water from tap water - much more environmentally sound, and works out a lot cheaper in the long run

Still 2.20 in Smart Supermarket in San Gwann.

Thanks folks, I checked the price online with the same store online maltasupermarket and its 2.33
Cant understand how it reaches the 3.90 then in a branch of the same store. I was under impression, mistakenly perhaps, that branches would have the same pricing in different towns. Appears to not be the case. My piece of detective work done for the day :)

I cant drink the local tap water and find the bottled water toooo expensive so we bought a water filter jug and have not regretted it .....11euros for the jug and then you just buy your filters.....

Pavi is probably the best place to buy water. They have  a 6 bottle x 2L Italian brand going for Euro1.80 and  the Nestle water for Euro 2.20.
Sorry guys, I think you;re being ripped off by your supermarket:(
The Naxxar Supermarket GS gives you loads and loads of free water when you make your big shopping  spree :)

OHHHHH I am going to try to find Naxxar  :)

GS gives you 18 bottles of Aquavita (2 litres) water for every 100 euros spent, or you can have 5 (1.5 litres) bottles of coke, 7up, kinnie etc. Comparing their prices to Smart and Pavi, I think they are pretty resonable.