One of the hardest places to migrate to

Hi guys

I am a brazilian woman, single, very well educated. I am an engineer, speak four languages fluently, working as a consultant, making good money, living a decent life with my own apartment ans so on  but I must vent out: i feel really unhappy here. Even though I think the word is a wee bit strong, I absolutely HATE being a brazilian. I hate every single thing in this country. I hate brazilians in general, its culture, the weather, the values, the food, the way of living. I don´t see myself as a brazilian, I don´t recognize myself as a brazilian. I dare compare this feeling to a transgender person´s who don´t recognize himself/herself in their own body. It is pathetic and sad. I felt like this most of my life and because of that i traveled a lot.
During these trips, I could sympathize with some countries I´ve been to. Last year, though, I had the opportunity to spend six months in Scotland. I know six months is not enough to understand a whole culture but I never felt so happy and so in my character as I felt when I was in Inverness.
I was there studying and after my visa expired I came back to Brazil. Since then I´m looking for ways to migrate (legally) to Scotland, and, oh my....so frustating...how hard can it be to migrate legally to a country, even when you are qualified enough?
I applied for jobs, never got one single reply. Now I m trying to get a scholarship but they are almost inexistent to brazilian citizens.... I feel so impotent that I am limited because i was unfortunate enough to be born in the wrong shitty country...

Does anyone have any tips? Would I appeal to arranged marriage (lol, just kidding)? I would appreciate any tips regarding the matter..s.ome scottish friends told me to migrate ilegally and then try to legalize my situation while there but I dont have the guts....this kinda of attitude is so brazilian like and it is not my cup of tea.
If anyone would help me giving me tips or hints how to do it (jobs, scholarships, etc..) I would very much appreciate it.
Thanks!!!

Hi mimipc,

I know it can be hard to migrate to another country.What I suggest you is to read about Visas in Scotland so you can search for what visas you are qualified for.

Good Luck.

Anas,
Expat.com Team  :top:

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

Just to add to what Anas has posted.  Non-EU citizens find it very difficult to emigrate to the UK (of which Scotland is a part).  If they do not possess a skill that is listed on the UK Government Shortage Occupation list (of which there is a Scottish version), then you will not be granted a work visa; you can view this list by following this link.

Assuming you do possess one of the skills listed, you then have to find a job where your employer is willing to sponsor your visa.  One comment about work visas in general, they are by definition temporary, should you be granted a UK work visa, then you may well have to return to Brazil at the end of your visa.  Immigration is a politically sensitive subject in the UK at the moment and I don't think anybody can see past the forthcoming Brexit "event".

To answer your specific question; you may well have to consider marriage to get in, but even that is a regulatory nightmare!

Hope I've helped a bit,

Cynic
Expat Team