University documents varification

Hello to all members
I live in iran and im plannig to apply for a job in muscat but i have a question regarding university documents verification :
i have B.A in English language and linguistics from America
now if i want to show proof of verification to get a job or visa prior to that where should i attend to verify my documents
should i go to US embassy in muscat?
is there an office in muscat that does these kinds of processing??
please help me

Hi Ash.Naiemi

You better consult the Embassy of Oman in Iran. Generally, they require to get the educational certificates authenticated by the respective institutions and then verified by the foreign ministry of th applicant's country of residence and the Oman embassy in that country. Following that, subject to the applicability, those certificates will have to be re-varified by the embassy of the applicant's country in Oman and then those certificates will have to be submitted to the Ministry of Education, Oman.  After that, those papers will be submitted to the Ministry of Manpower, Oman with the application for Work Permit/Labour clearance.

The above procedure is very painful, I took lot of pain as I am UK graduate and literally followed the procedure. Please bear in mind it was worthy of pain and hardship to the extent of the Minsitry of Manpower, Oman where work permit, popularly known as labour clearnce, is issued and your foreign educational certificates may play a vital role in getting the approval, given the situation when omanization process is increaseaingly sqeezing the job prospects for the expats, provided that other imperatives for getting the clearance are met by the employer.

The US Embassy in Oman discontinued providing attestation services for the certificates of the US Education Institutions since 2015.

But dont be surprised if your prospective employers do not ask to see your educational certificates during interviews or when u join them :cool:

And please do not forget the GOLDEN RULE which has been warned numerous times in this website "PLEASE DO NOT EVER SEND YOUR ORIGINAL CERTIFICATES TO YOUR EMPLOYER". There is no need for this at all. But still I see people send the original certificates and suffer lot due to this issue.

Happy Job Hunting:)