Knowledge Gate International School

I am onto the final interview stage with Knowledge gate International School and wondered if anyone had any information about them since they seem to be good for both myself as KG head and my teenage children - they also mentioned there may be a problem with visa for my husband - has any working woman out there had experience of getting a visa for their husband ?

Come prepared to "not depending on your institution for your hubby".
At the same time, it's easy to accommodate your husband on Family visit visa for three months; which can be auto extendable for another one month. (Total 4 months). He should be able to look for a job before that.

Many thanks - if he is not working would he then have to leave and come back on another family visa ? Have you heard of the school by the way ? wondering what percentage of expat children are at the school ( since are moving with my family )

No please!!! Ur husband visa cannot be extended beyond 4 months. I'm warning you, because you shouldn't face this issue.
1. He should exit from Oman before 4 months.
2. He has to wait three to four weeks to re apply for a family visit visa; which is of not sure.

I'm aware of this school and visited also. But I'm not sure on statistics. To my knowledge, it's a good place to work

now have the offer ( they took their time ! ) however it seems a bit low - 1600 monthly plus 400 accommodation ( ORM )  - is this going to be enough to support a family of 4 / save a bit and still have a good life style ?

Hi dawit6,

R.O. 2,000/- would be sufficient for leading a modest lifestyle if your employer provides you with (a) vehicle, (b) fuel, (c) utility bills payment, (d) hard and soft furnishings, (e) home setting-up and regular maintenance costs, (f) internet and phone bills reimbursement, (g) full medical coverage for you and for your dependents, and most importantly, (h) educational expenses for your kids.

If R.O. 2,000/- is an all-inclusive package, then you either renegotiate for double that amount or simple reconsider your decision to accept the offer since it would not be feasible for you to maintain even a moderate lifestyle on that salary - forget about "support a family of 4 / save a bit and still have a good life style ?"

Many thanks for your answer - there is 1600 salary plus 400 housing - flights for all the family and insurance within Oman are covered as well as free tuition for the children - is the salary going to be enough ?

Hi dawit6,

Education costs covered means it's a big chunk of savings for you.

Annual airfare and medical cover are mandatory as per the labour laws of the land.

Till you set-up and settle down in your new house, you would not be able to think of any savings as there would be expenses to address.

But once the initial set-up is taken care of, you can live frugally to be able to meet all your objectives.

many thanks ! here's to frugal living ! the beaches are free ( public ) at least !