Moving to Dammam for a new job

Hello everyone,

my company has offered me a position in Dammam to be a Quality Control Officer in one of sites recently set up there,more specifically the industrial cities. They have told me it will be approx 6 -12 months project and that I would need to mover over there for the duration (obviously). They have offered to pay me £21k  (which is approx 105k SAR a year) with an extra 25% to cover my housing allowance. Seeing as this will be my first time moving to a new country by myself (i'm 23 btw) i was wondering what its like living near there, is transport readily available mostly asking about taxis, is there a 1 bedroom apartment in a compound for expats near there that i could rent and the general safety of the area.

Thanks for helping :)

You can use Uber or Careem (Saudi Uber like app), compounds rent goes from 35k to higher, that's more than 25% of your salary, you gotta think twice, and are you sure your company won't give you accommodations, cause most companies does that for foreigners

Edit: 35k for a family flat, don't know if you can find a studio inside a compound but I think there is few