Moving To Al Hasa, Near al Hofuf - Activities for woman and kids ?

Dear All,
I am from Canada,I just accepted an offer , and will be at AL Hasa eastern province, wondering how is life there? initial accomodation will be at NADA compound, once  got family visa will get accomodation outside of compound but arrange and paid theu employer?
Now i wonder how is schooling there? which schools are good? is there gym, swimming pools, libraries for kids and womens?
what are the activites for womens and kids on evening and weekend? :unsure
Is car lease/ Finance options are available?
any help will be highly appreciated,
Thanks

Search the forums. Been discussed before.

Zegar911 wrote:

Dear All,
I am from Canada,I just accepted an offer , and will be at AL Hasa eastern province, wondering how is life there? initial accomodation will be at NADA compound, once  got family visa will get accomodation outside of compound but arrange and paid theu employer?
Now i wonder how is schooling there? which schools are good? is there gym, swimming pools, libraries for kids and womens?
what are the activites for womens and kids on evening and weekend? :unsure
Is car lease/ Finance options are available?
any help will be highly appreciated,
Thanks

I currently live in Al Hasa for about 8.5 months now. Life here is no way the same as where you were living now. But the good news here is that the cost of living is really really cheap. I was able to save a lot for a span of 8mos. here and I can eat what I want as long as it is lawful (Halal). There are international schools here I believe so, you just have to search in the forum, there are gyms here with swimming pools also and lastly, car financing is applicable here.

Thanks, I searched but most of them are years old.

Thanks Lot kimyboy, that's good, do u live in any compound or in city,how is life in private apartment or house? How big is city ? How long it takes to drive in rush hour from one end to another...
Thank you.

I live near the city, 10 minutes drive. My accommodation is bachelor type (leave out). We are renting one apartment together with my 3 colleagues to minimize the cost. The lifestyle here is very dull, we go out once a week usually Thursdays to buy groceries. My usual recreations are video games and movies but occasionally we get to play basketball near King Faisal University with fellow Filipinos. You can go around the city in no time, in fact I don't remember staying in the car for more than 30 minutes because there's no heavy traffic here unlike Riyadh wherein traffic is nerve wrecking.

Thanks man , that's good, I also found few good school websites for my kids, looks good, lets see how fast process go for me,,,,,is car leasing or financing is easy, or u have to wait certain months to get approve, also do they have driving license office there or u have to go dammam?  Thanks for your help, really appreciated.

Zegar911 wrote:

Thanks man , that's good, I also found few good school websites for my kids, looks good, lets see how fast process go for me,,,,,is car leasing or financing is easy, or u have to wait certain months to get approve, also do they have driving license office there or u have to go dammam?  Thanks for your help, really appreciated.

Approval for car financing here may vary (i.e. salary, job position, company). Haven't experience getting a brand new one myself because I'm using the company's vehicle at the moment. There is a driving license office here at Al Hasa.

i m living in Al Ahsa for last 3 year with my family. NADA compound is one of the best accomodation compared to others.
NADA International School is one of the top school though some others are available.
Car financing is also available in Al Ahsa
u may ask me if u need more
Amir

Ive lived in Al Ahsa for more than a year, but slipped off quite a few times to have holidays outside the kingdom. I suppose, there's nothing much in here compared to other nearby cities like Khobar and Dammam. There are malls here where you could spend time with your family and your kids could sate themselves at the arcade playing games and rides. Fitness centers, pools and spa are normally offered in hotels, in particular Intercontinental Hotel, the outdoor pool is unfortunately for males only. Females could however, enjoy other indoor amenities like the salon and spa, even steam rooms.

For outdoor activities which is best done during the winter season, if you like, you could go to Al Gara cave, pottery shop, camel and sheep market and maybe go for a picnic with the kids at the park, dont expect too much of the parks though. ;)

NADA is by far the best International School in the area as what Ive heard.

There are good food shops too where you can find organic produce (im a big fan) :)

So good luck with your cruise in Al Ahsa!

Hi,
Did you move to al Hasa? How is the life there?
Did you find good schools? Is there places or activities for the kids and women? Because I have a job offer there and I am afraid to take this step...

Thanks in advance.

Can anybody compile  a list;
1- MUST visit in al-hasa?

2- Must visit surroundings who live in al-hasa/ Such has dammam, bahrain etc?

3- Can you pay your electricity, phone, water and gas bills via internet banking?

Hello ABCNONAME & makkan00 > please note that this is an inactive thread. You can start your own topic on the forum for better visibility. Thank you.

Hi every one

we are  expecting an offer to work at health care service in AL-Hssa in  ksa . we are coming form Canada.

my worries is about the housing , prices of compounds  and international , is there out living good apartments for families ?

any links ,web sites to search for any housing rental ?

I would appreciate any answers .

bests
meme

memememe1234 wrote:

Hi every one

we are  expecting an offer to work at health care service in AL-Hssa in  ksa . we are coming form Canada.

my worries is about the housing , prices of compounds  and international , is there out living good apartments for families ?

any links ,web sites to search for any housing rental ?

I would appreciate any answers .

bests
meme

Dear, In Al Ahsa there no such good international compounds as compared to other cities such as Khobar, Dammam or Riyadh..

If you are related with Health Care Services they provide accommodation ask your employer otherwise you may find it easily once you will be here and get your Resident Permit.

Thanks, for further information or queries feel free to ask

Amir

Hi I have lived in Al Hasa before with my husband. We rented a huge flat at 2200SAR/months. It was close to malls and supermarkets. There is an international school called Nada International School, where most of my western friends sent their kids to, it wasnt as great but its by far the best in the area. However, there are other nearby schools should you prefer. Al Hasa is about 1.5 hours drive from the big cities, Khobar/Dammam/Dharan.

Send me a private message should you need more details in moving to Al Hasa as I have quite a few friends who are still there at the moment and might be able to help about family flats to rent.

Hi, I have a job offer in al Ahsa . Can anyone give me some informations about a good western compound, is british school available in this area? How big is the city?

Good luck moving :)

hi folks, found this useful thread

likely moving to Al Hassa , family with two youg kids;

looking forward to know about any kids clubs in Al Hasa like swimming, football etc

thanks and best wishes