Living in Dammam, Saudi Arabia

I am a married lady going to relocate to Saudi Arabia as my Husband got a job offer in Dammam. Please tell me how is the life of indian women there. I have following questions.
      1.Is it possible to get a furnished flat there as we are coming in contract for 2 years and it is waste of buying kitchen wares and all good for 2 years there.
      2.what will be the rent for the same.
      3.I have a 1 year kid. Is it good to bring him in all aspects.
Also to add this, My husband has got work in Aujan Industries Co. Do anyone know about the company. What is the working culture of the company.
Please advice me in this. Thanks in advance.

Hi hema121187 and welcome to Expat.com!

Hope that you'll soon be enlightened.;)

Harmonie.

Hi Harmonie,
     Thank you.. Awaiting for the replies. are you an indian?

Thanks

Hi Hema and welcome to the blog :)

Harmonie is not an Indian. She is a Mauritian and she works with the Expat-Blog.com to make it better for all the expats.

As regards the life of women in Saudia, I've replied to your pm.

I'll put the answers to other questions here also:

1. Furnished flats are available both in the form of hotels who offer furnished flat for per day / per month rates and furnished houses which you can take on lease rent. I lived in one of these when I first landed here. It's pretty good with spacious rooms and fully equipped kitchen.

2. Rent for family flats start from 1000 SR per month. And can go as high as 10,000 SR per month for Western Compounds. (1 SR = 14  INR approx)

3. Education is not the best in this country. However, since there are lots of expats living here, you can find many indian schools in Dammam. You can bring your child here and enroll for primary education at the right age.

As you must be aware, Saudia is a very strict country with lots of restrictions for both men and women. Life here is totally different from life in India.

All the best :)

Hi ghanshyam.p.dave,
     Thanks for your advice. And adding to my query, I have another question that is there any places to visit? or, do we have any places for outing in week ends..

Thanks,

Hema

you are well come to saudi arabia
you can get furnished flat but it will be costly
you can rent a flat which cost you SR 10,000 to 2,5000/per annum
i am an india living here since 1991.
it depends on individual to like or dislike this country
all the best
syed zaheer

nafeezy2ksa wrote:

you are well come to saudi arabia
you can get furnished flat but it will be costly
you can rent a flat which cost you SR 10,000 to 2,5000/per annum
i am an india living here since 1991.
it depends on individual to like or dislike this country
all the best
syed zaheer

Totally agreed with S. Zaheer.
It depends on individual; If you want to find places in kingdom; you will find many. If one stick to kitchen / TV all day and night; then it would be hell boring life in here. As there is not much data or places updated or well decorated on internet; so you won't find many enjoyable stuff in here.

You need to socialize with your neighborhood to find places in kingdom.

In DAMMAM: There are

Beaches, Corniche (with semi conscious waves)
Fishing Points
Dolphin Show parks
Water Amusement Park
Huge Shopping Malls
Giant Grocery Malls
Plenty of Local & International food chains
Ladies Market (Al Waha Mall)
Universities, Hospitals etc. etc.

-------

In KHOBAR (by drive it's about 25 KM from Dammam):

Khobar is well maintained and pre-planned city. You will for sure like it much. It has all what DAMMAM has and more of it; like:

Half Moon beach (famous for more than 52 private beaches and Farm Houses, which you may rent for BBQ night, Stay, Horse riding, Indoor games etc. etc.)
Rashid Mall (Apparel Shopping etc)
IKEA & HOME Center (For Furniture stuff)
Dhahran Mall (The biggest mall mainly for branded stuff)

------

In JUBAIL (by drive it's about 75 KM from Dammam): There are

Good Fishing points
Nice beaches (FANATEER, SWCC Jubail Compounds)
Beautiful Parks (NAKHEEL PARK etc.)
Boating (SR 200/ trip with family)
In Jubail city: Different food chains with local and international cuisine)

In Al AHSA (by drive it's about 2 Hours from Dammam):

Famous for AL AHSA Caves & plenty of beautiful american standard Farm houses (ranging SR 350 ~ SR 2500 per night)

If you go further, near by are Rastanura beaches etc.

Welcome to Saudi Arabia :)

Will post more soon

Cheers
Wasim

Very useful... @ Designaliens AKA Wasim :)
Thanks for the details.

Shukran ghanshyampdave :cool:

And Welcome to the blog :)

hi hema,
response to you question?
Dammam is a nice place specially for families & there are lots of places to visit even might be very easy to find as Dammam isn't a big like riyadh. hope you will find & enjoy.
thanks,

semi conscious waves :/ this term is very new to me, please elaborate

lolz, here the waves are very low or almost of dead pressure. That's why I call them semi-concious tides :)

Thanks for all to share your ideas to me..

test

Ahmed feDammam wrote:

test

A-okay   :top::whistle:

Ahmed feDammam wrote:

test

Test? :/

Can you please introduce yourself?

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi,
   Thank you all for your response. My Husband joined the company in Saudi. we need to search for a house in Dammam for our family. Can you please provide a good and safer area which suits for an Expat family so that he can search for a house in that area. We are looking for a furnished house with single or 2 bhk.

Thanks in advance. :)

Hi,

Area should be chosen based on the work location, if it is in Dammam 1st indl city or near by places, you may choose Rakah or New Adama (Dammam)area.

Regards,

His job location is Dammam industrial city 2.

hi, jst want to ask the living lifestyle of ofw in dammam, like waiters in restaurnt, bcoz soon ill be working in dammam as waiter, is dammam  people are good,?

avaunyss wrote:

hi, jst want to ask the living lifestyle of ofw in dammam, like waiters in restaurnt, bcoz soon ill be working in dammam as waiter, is dammam  people are good,?

HI,

Welcome to Saudi Arabia, I am a Saudi guy from Dammam.  I am sure you will love Dammam, the people are friendly and very helpful.  In general, treat the people as you want to be treated, in Saudi and in any other place in the world.

Good Luck

Hi Team,

i got an offer from Company in Dammam, and i would like to know the below.

they gives me 5000SAR per month for Housing and 3000SAR for Transportation.

1- can i have 3badroom furnished apartment? can i pay per month or i shouls pay 1year

2- can i have used Car with 20000SAR

3- what is the cost of the education per year for 2  kids (one is 6 year and 5 years).

Thanks in Advance
Nassim

Hi Guys,

Good to know your views.
I am getting a job in Dammam university as a lecturer. What is the good salary that one can expect?
Can you pls tell me is it safe for me to shift with my family( small kids and husband over there?)
Is the country liberal with indian women, men and children?
My husband is an engineer by profession. Will he be able to get a job there?

Kindly revert friends.
Regards, Mrs. Sharan

What are the best engineering companies to work for in Damman...

hi all, gud morning

Hello jinijubail -> Could you please introduce yourself? :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi,
How much we have to pay to get 1BHK furnished house & which all places are good to live.
I am married & coming with my wife. Kindly suggest

H :) i Good morning friends..

Good info.....

Hello vchemman,

Please note that this thread has remain inactive since 2013.

Thank you,
Marjorie

Noted and Thanks