An Introduction

Hi guys, thanks for allowing me to join your forum website, expat.com. I have been urged to introduce myself and tell you all a little about myself. I trust you won't be to bored.Well, I was 16 years old when I left my home in Tasmania to travel the world. Well, Australia at first, the world had to wait a few years yet, but 40 years later I have visited 25 countries on 5 continents.  I have experienced other cultures and seen people at their best and their worst.  I witnessed the effects of tsunamis, earthquakes, foods and war. Now in my twilight years I feel I need a new start, a challenge and escape the ever increasing coast of living in Australia. I therefore intend the relocate to Cambodia, in particular Sihanoukville sometime next year. I have already started to learn some Khmer phrases such as hello, goodbye, thank you and the most important - can I have a beer.I will be visiting Sihanoukville and Phnom Penh for a few weeks in August, so I hope to meet as many expats as I can. Hope to see you then. Peter

Welcome, Peter. I too like Cambodia and am in Phnom Penh currently. Sihanoukville is a city in transition given the Chinese investments and has significantly changed during the past two years. I did just visit but still managed to enjoy the beach and nearby waterfalls with my Khmer friends. You'll be able to make your own assessments after you spend time there. Wishin' you all the best and again, welcome.

Thanks rlholley,
I am looking forward to my trip.